C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

climate control

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:34 PM
fflaherty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate control

I have tried searching and haven't found a thread that addresses one of my issues.

My climate control stays powered all of the time. I just got the car five days ago and it will run the battery down if not disconnected. You can select any of the setting and the fan will power up as well. Have any of you seen this in your time around and about?

I currently have the motor pulled to have it freshened up and wanted to hit the other issues the car is having while I wait for the machine shop to get it done.

Thanx,
Freddie B
Old 11-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Added accessories or aftermarket radio? Is climate control the only thing staying on? Do you have service manuals or wiring diagram?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:03 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Does it go off if you pull the fuse for it? The CCM controls powering things off, if everything else is going off then someone tapped into a circuit they shouldn't have. Do you have a new radio? That tends to be the culprit with these problems.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

What year car?

Even a delay bus relay would not power up those systems. As a possible start I would look at the ignition switch, wiring and linkage.

Get notified of new replies

To climate control

Quick Reply: climate control