C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New member question about 1989 6 speed clutch

Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Corvetteman115
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member question about 1989 6 speed clutch

hey guys my names Dave.. just bought my 4th c4 and my 5th Corvette (I had a c3 a few years ago with a t10 4 speed) anyway this is a 1989 6 speed super clean with 50k miles. This is my first 6 speed. I had a few 4+3's before though as well. Anyway I noticed that aside from the skip shift being annoying (I have a bypass on the way) sometimes occasionally when I'm in 2nd gear and I nail it, some times it pulls really hard, other times it pulls hard until about 45-50mpg and then falls on its face but the Rpm will still be at about 35-4000. Then other times it pulls really hard all the way to about 60 in 2nd. I'm wondering if maybe my clutch is on the way out? Pulls hard in all other gears. Even from a roll in 5th the rpms don't shoot up. Just looking for ideas here, I don't have a lot of money to spend as I just moved into a new place this week, I just spent $200 on the car last week at the dealer having the oil changed and the coolant flushed and $300 on having the windows tinted. The car needs tires soon, and my "anti lock" light just popped on tonight (which I'm thinking might be a ground or a sensor because it still stops fine. Thanks in advance for replies. Car has 51k miles and is the cleanest c4 I've ever had, it is not my daily driver but it is my weekend car and my take my girl out car so it gets driven most fri sat sun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member question about 1989 6 speed clutch