C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Brakes Locked up/ Radiator Hole/ Who Knows What Else

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 02:32 AM
Brenden Rogers
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brake Problems due to Overheating?

My 94 c4 seems to sprout another problem right after another. So today I was driving and my brakes stated to sort of lock up. They were stopping extremely rough and the only way to describe the noise was if you were driving without tires. When the car is in drive it dosnt move like normal, it moves fine in neutral though. Now it turns out when I opened the hood, there´s a small hole in the radiator shooting out gasses. Now this is the least of my worrys. The radiator was patched by a professional and the reason it had to be patched in the first place was because of how the same guy installed it. (if it wasn't for his install, I wouldn't have blown head gaskets and this wouldn't be happening now.) Now the reason i'm typing all this is because I was wondering what could cause the brakes to do what they did? Can hot gasses spraying in the engine bay cause this?Or are my brakes completely shot and now i'm going to end up having to spend another 2k to fix this.

Last edited by Brenden Rogers; 09-30-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 789 Likes on 565 Posts

If it moves fine in neutral the brakes are not locked up. Dan

Quick Reply: Brakes Locked up/ Radiator Hole/ Who Knows What Else