C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 chokes or Boggs down randomly

Old 10-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Marcus123
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 chokes or Boggs down randomly

My 1991 chokes out or acts like it isn't getting fuel or air randomly could it be my fuel filter or maybe some type of maf sensor there's some weird sensors connected to my air intake that might be it but idk what do you guys think is there some sort of choke system that could be failing thanks for your help in advance
Old 10-11-2017, 07:28 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Welcome!

In order to help, it is best to give more detailed information.
Does it idle ok"
When does the bog happen; normal acceration or heavy acceration?
Have you done any work to the engine?
How are your settings? TPS? IAC is your TB clean?
What is the general condition of the fuel system- filters, pump, etc

Stuff like this helps.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Marcus123
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have acceleration it usually gets rid of it and it's all stock the fuel pump was replaced by the guy I bought it from a year ago and the filter I haven't checked it. It happens really randomly usually after I just start it up and begin to drive but then there will be days or weeks before it happens again the check engine light comes on when it happens I checked the codes but couldn't find a good site that would tell me what the codes were
Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus123
If I have acceleration it usually gets rid of it and it's all stock the fuel pump was replaced by the guy I bought it from a year ago and the filter I haven't checked it. It happens really randomly usually after I just start it up and begin to drive but then there will be days or weeks before it happens again the check engine light comes on when it happens I checked the codes but couldn't find a good site that would tell me what the codes were
There are many sites and may even be here or a link to one Google OBD I codes and bet yu will have many choices. Here is a start

http://www.gmtuners.com/OBD1_DTC.htm
Old 10-13-2017, 12:03 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus123
Lets assume he did. Question is, with what? Replaced with a junkyard one or a quality one? Better yet, let's test it. Let's see if it will pressure up quickly and hold pressure.

You say you got codes. What are they?

Get notified of new replies

To 1991 chokes or Boggs down randomly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1991 chokes or Boggs down randomly