C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interior swap: Will a -94 interior fit my -92?

Old 10-19-2017, 06:48 AM
The Snowman
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interior swap: Will a -94 interior fit my -92?

I´m thinking about switching from grey interior to black i my Quasar blue -92. I have found an interior in good shape at a salvage yard but it is from a -94 Vette. I like the new interior style and wouldn´t mind the extra storage in the door cards but will it be a bolt on fit?

The door cards are complete so any difference in buttons or swithces are sorted out. What I don´t want is to end up with replacing, and changing place on, every mounting bracket on the door itself.

Any help on this topic is appreciated.

//d
Old 10-19-2017, 07:21 AM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Door panels for a 94 fit 94-96 so I doubt it would be a simple bolt on.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:03 AM
The Snowman
Advanced

Let me rephrase my question:
How much of a PITA would this be?

The basics must be pretty much the same, like how the door panels fit against the cluster house etc.
Connectors could be different but theres usually not that much trouble to fix that. I mean the same functions are in the door on a -92 as on a -94.

What worries me is that every mounting point on the door is in a slightly different place. Hopefully GM didn´t bother to change that for just a couple of years of production.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:57 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

What are you looking to swap? I have 94-96 door panels, hush panels and carpet in my 1990. I had to modify the dash pad for the passenger hush panel. I took the carpet from the console sides and put them on the 90 sides. More recently I modded the radio and console bezels and I use the 94 driver side console panel. So yes you can swap the pieces. Most the connectors are fine, bit if you are using the white lettered stuff the DIC and cluster will need some modifications
The following users liked this post:
The Snowman (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 03:08 PM
The Snowman
Advanced

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
What are you looking to swap? I have 94-96 door panels, hush panels and carpet in my 1990. I had to modify the dash pad for the passenger hush panel. I took the carpet from the console sides and put them on the 90 sides. More recently I modded the radio and console bezels and I use the 94 driver side console panel. So yes you can swap the pieces. Most the connectors are fine, bit if you are using the white lettered stuff the DIC and cluster will need some modifications
Basically the only thing I´m looking to swap right now are the door panels and perhaps the seats. I have all the misc plastic pieces in black but the door panels are not easy to come by in Sweden for the early, late, interior. And besides, I like the look of the new panels better aswell as the newer seats.

So, in your opinion, those parts shouldn´t be a problem?
Old 10-22-2017, 03:12 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Depends..

base seats or sport seats? Both bolt in but wiring is different for the later sport seats.

door panels. The bracket that the door pull bolts to might have to be adjusted. This would be on the inner door metal

also so you will need to clearance for the pass window switch on the door itself

Get notified of new replies

To Interior swap: Will a -94 interior fit my -92?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interior swap: Will a -94 interior fit my -92?