C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Sensors Possible Issues After Vette Having Not Been Driven In A Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 10:33 AM
BradsCuz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors Possible Issues After Vette Having Not Been Driven In A Year

My cousin, who has been in a wheelchair due to a car accident and is paralyzed from the waist down, has had health issues and been completely bedridden for the past year. He has kept his 1995 Corvette parked inside their garage. When he drove it yesterday to get registration (I believe); after he returned home (in a severe storm) he vented about many things not working now - A/C, Heater, Radio, etc....could those issues possibly be a result from having not been driven this past year? Could there possibly be some fuses and/or sensors; or something simple we could easily check before taking it to a mechanic? He also did tell me he had a different stereo system installed after purchasing. Could that also be part of the some of the issues? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with Corvettes. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:53 AM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by BradsCuz
My cousin, who has been in a wheelchair due to a car accident and is paralyzed from the waist down, has had health issues and been completely bedridden for the past year. He has kept his 1995 Corvette parked inside their garage. When he drove it yesterday to get registration (I believe); after he returned home (in a severe storm) he vented about many things not working now - A/C, Heater, Radio, etc....could those issues possibly be a result from having not been driven this past year? Could there possibly be some fuses and/or sensors; or something simple we could easily check before taking it to a mechanic? He also did tell me he had a different stereo system installed after purchasing. Could that also be part of the some of the issues? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with Corvettes. Thanks!
If the car is a 95 Corvette then this post would be better off in the C4 Forums and not the C5 Forums as the C5 began with model year 1997... Model year 1995, a C4 Corvette, would definitely have very different potential issues than a C5 Corvette.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moving this to C4 Tech.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:26 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by BradsCuz
My cousin, who has been in a wheelchair due to a car accident and is paralyzed from the waist down, has had health issues and been completely bedridden for the past year... When he drove it yesterday to get registration (I believe); after he returned home (in a severe storm) he vented about many things not working now
What am I missing......
Old 11-20-2017, 02:14 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 875 Posts

Check your power at the fuse block. Check both sides of each fuse that is on that block. I had corrosion on the block and the fuses themselves which caused problems when I tried to start my car after a couple of years.

If the passenger window leaks near the front the water all heads for the Fuse Block.

On my car there was diminished power going out from the Fuse Block because the fuses had corrosion on them. I could not find full Battery Voltage at any of the accessories in my car. After cleaning the fuse block and replacing the fuses my full battery voltage came back at my accessories. Having good clean battery connections is critical when you have a car with Electronic control systems

The locations on my car may not be the same on your car, mine is a 1988 Coupe.

I wish you the very best in chasing down those gremlins! Also, Have a GREAT Thanksgiving Holiday!

Get notified of new replies

To Sensors Possible Issues After Vette Having Not Been Driven In A Year

Quick Reply: Sensors Possible Issues After Vette Having Not Been Driven In A Year