C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 auto tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 AM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 540 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by BrainDrainin
sorry for my mistake, I have a 3/8 drive inch lb click type torque wrench. I had to put a 1/4 adapter and thought that may effect the actually applied torque, this is why I tried going up a little and down a little in the torque spec but it did not matter. Whenever it’s in “2” it just revs up
WVZR-1 has given you the best advise for a person in your position. By your own admission, you know nothing of the workings of an auto. Best thing for you is to research a well respected shop in your area and have it checked. All autos are complex machines and the symptoms you describe indicate a problem with the second gear circuit. However, this could be several reasons from a leaking seal in the servo to a problem in the valve body. You stated that 4th gear seems ok so I would not suspect there is a problem with the band itself or the sunshell. More likely a hydraulic problem but that is what the shop will find out.

Quick Reply: 93 auto tranny problem