C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

No vacuum from bottom vac port

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:25 PM
kitttransam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default No vacuum from bottom vac port

ok so I just failed ca smog check. Was told probably egr. Well started poking around and found that I’m not getting any vacuum from the bottom port on the throttle body. So I took my throttle body off and found the gasket was exposing the vacuum path. The gasket was not wide enough for the 58mm throttle body. Luckily had another gasket and it fit right. Put it all back together and still no vacuum. I’m at a loss. I have my old throttle body but it has a broken tps bolt and the throttle shaft is toast. This is a professional products throttle body. 89 tpi.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Tod Stiles
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by kitttransam
ok so I just failed ca smog check. Was told probably egr. Well started poking around and found that I’m not getting any vacuum from the bottom port on the throttle body. So I took my throttle body off and found the gasket was exposing the vacuum path. The gasket was not wide enough for the 58mm throttle body. Luckily had another gasket and it fit right. Put it all back together and still no vacuum. I’m at a loss. I have my old throttle body but it has a broken tps bolt and the throttle shaft is toast. This is a professional products throttle body. 89 tpi.
The EGR gets ported vacuum from that port so you'll have no vacuum at idle and should have a minimum of 7" vacuum at 2000 rpm. I assume you have a high NOx reading, right? Any codes?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 PM
kitttransam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had no codes. Almost 2 years like this. Well good news I figured it out. It was a combination of the throttle body gasket not fitting my 58mm throttle body where the vacuum path was. And I needed the stock style top throttle body plate and gasket on the aftermarket throttle body. After that had plenty of vacuum. And I passed.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:49 PM
xrav22
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To No vacuum from bottom vac port

Quick Reply: No vacuum from bottom vac port