C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cornering Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Cornering Lights

The cornering lights on both sides, on my Ruby, quit working for some reason. The front turn signals and the respective side marker lights flash but, no cornering lights. There is no power going to the sockets.

Has anyone run across this problem on their C4? I did do a Forum search on this subject and nothing comes up so far.

I do have my Factory Service Manual and I will have to get it out and start tracing the circuits to see where the problem is but, that is for a day when the weather gets warmer.

I was just curious if anyone else has run across this problem. I hate non-working lights.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:46 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Nokones
The cornering lights on both sides, on my Ruby, quit working for some reason. The front turn signals and the respective side marker lights flash but, no cornering lights. There is no power going to the sockets.

Has anyone run across this problem on their C4? I did do a Forum search on this subject and nothing comes up so far.

I do have my Factory Service Manual and I will have to get it out and start tracing the circuits to see where the problem is but, that is for a day when the weather gets warmer.

I was just curious if anyone else has run across this problem. I hate non-working lights.
Lights need to be on for 'corners'! I assume you knew but it's certainly the first thought that comes to mind if turns and markers work.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-24-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Nokones
Drifting

The lights were on.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:00 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

The lights were on.
Looks like it's time to drop the hush panel and check the HL supply to the directional switch, Pretty straight forward but a damn nuisance maybe working under the dash.

At least everything is in one connector, you shouldn't need to chase stuff allover the car.

The FSM @ 8A-201-10 shows the connector location and 8A-202-14 the pin-out.

Good luck
Old 12-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Nokones
Drifting

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Do the tail lights work? If not, check the tail fuse. It is also for the cornering lights.
Yes, they do. That is how I found the cornering lights not working because I was doing a complete check on all the lighting. The only bulb not working is the Glovebox light. They're all original bulbs.

Thanks for responding and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Nokones
Drifting

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Looks like it's time to drop the hush panel and check the HL supply to the directional switch, Pretty straight forward but a damn nuisance maybe working under the dash.

At least everything is in one connector, you shouldn't need to chase stuff allover the car.

The FSM @ 8A-201-10 shows the connector location and 8A-202-14 the pin-out.

Good luck
Thanks for looking that up for me, I really appreciate it.

Hmmm, I just had the A/C Programmer unit replaced and now I wonder if something got disturbed in the process of replacing that module.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2017, 09:02 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Thanks for looking that up for me, I really appreciate it.

Hmmm, I just had the A/C Programmer unit replaced and now I wonder if something got disturbed in the process of replacing that module.

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas

A very good starting point for any issues is going back to where you've just been!!!
Old 12-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Merry Christmas

A very good starting point for any issues is going back to where you've just been!!!
I think it will be a good starting point. I just remembered that my ignition switch was also replaced at the same time so something had to be either disturbed or still disconnected.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Nokones
Drifting

My Corner Lights work now. It was the big wide connector at the column that was kinda ****-eyed. The plug just needed to be pushed in correctly.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 PM
NavAir
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

My cornering lights story: I was getting the car ready for state inspection here in TX. They don't do much during the inspection, but they do make sure that all of the lights work (it is a good moneymaker for them to charge you $11.00 for a license plate bulb). Anyway, last month I was checking and found that 3 of the 4 "cornering" lights (I guess the back 2 are technically backup lamps) were out. So I crawl under and pull the bad ones. The filaments all look good. Then I measured them with my ohmmeter and they all tested good.

I noticed there was a lot of aged (the car is an '89) dielectric grease on each of them, so I cleaned them off and reinstalled them. They all worked. These are 29 year old bulbs...

I did have to replace one of the fog light bulbs, but that was it for this year.

Steve
Old 01-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Yes, the 2 clear side lamps, in the rear, are Backup Lamps.

Get notified of new replies

To Cornering Lights

Quick Reply: Cornering Lights