C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 Temperature Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 07:03 AM
Ian67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Temperature Gauge

Hi.
After my ECM died I replaced it with a Microsquirt V3 ECM. The engine is now running again but I don't have a working temp gauge as that originally worked through the stock ECM.

The question is, does anybody know if the temp gauge will work from the temp sender if I buy and fit a second sender and plumb it in the top radiator hose or will it need a PCB to get it working again?

I don't want to fit an after market gauge unless I have to.

tia.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:11 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian67
Hi.
After my ECM died I replaced it with a Microsquirt V3 ECM. The engine is now running again but I don't have a working temp gauge as that originally worked through the stock ECM.

The question is, does anybody know if the temp gauge will work from the temp sender if I buy and fit a second sender and plumb it in the top radiator hose or will it need a PCB to get it working again?

I don't want to fit an after market gauge unless I have to.

tia.
You need to explain more thoroughly - the dash gauge doesn't operate through the ECM. The original ECM did use a sensor but not the same as.

What year is this LT1 - and it is in a Corvette
Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Ian67
Intermediate

Hi. It's a Corvette '92 LT1. The temp gauge worked fine until the ECM died. I've since fitted the Microsquirt and used the coolant temp sender on the water pump to connect to the MS. Now the temp gauge in the dash won't work. Am I missing something, is there another sender for the gauge?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:55 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Hi. It's a Corvette '92 LT1. The temp gauge worked fine until the ECM died. I've since fitted the Microsquirt and used the coolant temp sender on the water pump to connect to the MS. Now the temp gauge in the dash won't work. Am I missing something, is there another sender for the gauge?
The sending unit for the gauge is in the cylinder head.

You don't have the FSM for your car?
The following users liked this post:
Ian67 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Ian67
Intermediate

I have the FSM. I thought it wasn't working because I had to rewire everything to do with the ECM. I'll look for it and test it. Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

I have the FSM. I thought it wasn't working because I had to rewire everything to do with the ECM. I'll look for it and test it. Thanks
Without the ECM you 'will lose' the DIGITAL - COOLANT TEMP & OIL TEMP that was available using the 'GAUGES BUTTON' on the DIC. Aside from that the analog for both on the cluster should work though they're not known for accuracy.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:52 AM
Ian67
Intermediate

The oil temp is working but not the coolant temp. I'll have to take a look at that. I might have disturbed the wire to it when I was checking the spark plugs.

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 Temperature Gauge

Quick Reply: LT1 Temperature Gauge