C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

more ECM issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Brenden Schaeffer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more ECM issues?

From my past posts and what the previous owner told me my 1992 corvette coupe has an ECM issue. It used to barely start then rev up to 2000 RPM then wouldn't rev over 3,000. I looked in the ECM and everything is super clean but it had a hyper tech piggy back tune and I took it off and put in the the stock and my symptoms went away but now I have service ABS and ASR lights and have 4 more codes then before.

Module 1. C13 H13
Module.4 H16 H43 H53
Module.9 H72 H83

My SYS light flashes and i wanted to clear my codes to find out my Trip monitor buttons don't work. At all.

Iv cleaned all of the main grounds related to the engine and they are all fine. Do you think they all have to do with a faulty ECM? Or is there more to it
Old 01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

You need factory service manuals. This link can help with code descriptions.
http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2011...trouble-codes/
The Module 1 DTC 13 is your inop button
The Module 4 DTC 16 is probably related to the car won't rev problem and it may cause the 43. The 53 is voltage spike poor connections, jump starting. etc
the Module 9 DTC 72 is serial data - poor connections the 83 check and add fluid to master cylinder. You also should check brake pads for wear. The fluid level drops as pads wear down.

Too early to tell How much is related to ecm if any of it. The drivibilty part start with lowest code first the "16"

Quick Reply: more ECM issues?