C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pictures in Threads and Posts

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Pictures in Threads and Posts

Although this is not strictly a technical thread for Tech section, I feel it is important.

As you know Photobucket has locked all their (our) photos and wants money to release them ($400). This affects the Forum as well as a multitude of businesses that relied on them for their photos. I checked my threads I originated and found it is where I have posted most of my pictures over the years. 10 years ago we could not directly insert photos into the Forum.

I have reviewed all my started threads for this problem. I had all the original pictures that I posted over the 10+ years and updated all the threads. I removed the old links and reinserted my pictures directly so they could still be a benefit to others. Took a week or so on and off in my spare time. So as far as I'm concerned Photobucket can go pound sand.

I hope some of you will try to update you photos if possible. I'm sure many others will appreciate it.

I actually got a PM from somebody who could not see my picture in a post and that's what got me started.
The following 7 users liked this post by pcolt94:
Bfenty (02-05-2018), ctmccloskey (02-07-2018), JimLentz (02-05-2018), Mr. Peabody (02-05-2018), Red 91 (02-05-2018), slow-vette (02-05-2018), WhiteC1 (02-06-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Yes, THANK YOU for making the effort to do this.

It really is a shame that so much wonderful information has been lost because of what photoschmucket has done. There were several wonderfully detailed custom interior builds where none of the pictures are available now.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Randy M
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I too, greatly appreciate your effort in restoring your lost info. Let's hope you inspire others to follow your lead.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I hear they lowered it, Im not paying 1 penny ransom money

One may have to save others album pics then send them to the owner
Old 02-05-2018, 02:42 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
I hear they lowered it, Im not paying 1 penny ransom money

One may have to save others album pics then send them to the owner
Your right, $99.99 per year for 3rd party hosting, non-commercial. A private account just for you is $20 per year. Probably for a business it might be more. But the only reason I ever used them was so I could post to the Forum. But I don’t need them anymore for whatever reason.

Last edited by pcolt94; 02-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:08 PM
frankinvett84
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First off...Thank you to the original poster. I have a question would the $20 a year let met look at older photos or will the people who posted the photos have to pay???
Old 02-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Bfenty
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Thank you-you are a good person and you have done your good deed for the day (week?)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by frankinvett84
First off...Thank you to the original poster. I have a question would the $20 a year let met look at older photos or will the people who posted the photos have to pay???
The person who posted or inserted the original picture into the Forum would have to pay to get them released. You would not be able to see them (if you paid) if you are not the original poster.

I think the $20 is so you can put your own pictures into Photobucket and down load or print them for yourself (that’s an educated guess as to how I think it works now). But you can't insert them as a link to another web page.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:43 PM
kael
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 189 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Keep items like this in mind when using "free" service sites, they can change their minds and services when they feel like it or need actual money. Eh Youtube?

Of course, CF would never, ever, ever do that.....maybe.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:46 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by pcolt94
Although this is not strictly a technical thread for Tech section, I feel it is important.

As you know Photobucket has locked all their (our) photos and wants money to release them ($400). This affects the Forum as well as a multitude of businesses that relied on them for their photos. I checked my threads I originated and found it is where I have posted most of my pictures over the years. 10 years ago we could not directly insert photos into the Forum.

I have reviewed all my started threads for this problem. I had all the original pictures that I posted over the 10+ years and updated all the threads. I removed the old links and reinserted my pictures directly so they could still be a benefit to others. Took a week or so on and off in my spare time. So as far as I'm concerned Photobucket can go pound sand.

I hope some of you will try to update you photos if possible. I'm sure many others will appreciate it.

I actually got a PM from somebody who could not see my picture in a post and that's what got me started.
Wow...how did you ever find all the posts to update? Did they show up with a "photobucket" search and your ID?

I would have considered that but geez. The only "tantrum" I threw was deleting all my pics from their site...just to make sure their members couldn't find them....doing an internal member search. No reason to provide them "free fodder".

Yeah...it was petty! But, I decided I was really pissed on behalf of ALL the people posting in 1000's of forums over the years EVERYWHERE.

They will eternally be the worst site ever.

Last edited by GREGGPENN; 02-05-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:19 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
Wow...how did you ever find all the posts to update? Did they show up with a "photobucket" search and your ID?

I would have considered that but geez. The only "tantrum" I threw was deleting all my pics from their site...just to make sure their members couldn't find them....doing an internal member search. No reason to provide them "free fodder".

Yeah...it was petty! But, I decided I was really pissed on behalf of ALL the people posting in 1000's of forums over the years EVERYWHERE.

They will eternally be the worst site ever.
Basically I did all the threads I started which was about 450. Not all the threads had pictures. But the other 4600 posts is a bit much to go thru so if they pop up and become visible, then I can fix them.

Last edited by pcolt94; 02-05-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pictures in Threads and Posts

Quick Reply: Pictures in Threads and Posts