C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1996 (C4) Instrument Panel Lights

Old 02-05-2018, 07:57 PM
wcpurcell
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 (C4) Instrument Panel Lights

It seems the dash lights, speedo, tack, other gauges are just too dark and very hard to see especially in the day time.

Is there anything that can be done to brighten these lights? I have owned this car for 7 years and these lights have always seemed too dark. The dimmer switch is set to the highest brightness. I don't know what else to do.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 786 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by wcpurcell
It seems the dash lights, speedo, tack, other gauges are just too dark and very hard to see especially in the day time.

Is there anything that can be done to brighten these lights? I have owned this car for 7 years and these lights have always seemed too dark. The dimmer switch is set to the highest brightness. I don't know what else to do.
It might be the little light sensor on the dash. Do you know what I am referring to? I know batee.com can offer fixes for this. Dan
http://www.batee.com/corvette/dcrg/photocell_9096/

Last edited by Whaleman; 02-05-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

If it's all the lights on the analog gauges and not just the LCD speedometer then it's probably not the polarized film on the speedometer. In that case the light sensor as said is a possibility.

I'm assuming there is some light on the analog gauges when the head light switch is turned on.

Does the variable light intensity dimmer have any effect on the light on the analog gauges, tach, rear view mirror map light, radio and A/C controls?

Does the radio and A/C unit have correct intensity day and night?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:21 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 525 Likes on 475 Posts

I don't know if this applies or not to the 96 dash. On my 86 with the Atari dash I lost all lighting though the dash actually worked. In my case it was the ground between the 2 circuit boards went bad. I sent it in to Batee and it was fixed and a great job done on it.
It's worked great ever since.

If you need it fixed by someone, I recommend Bryan at Batee.

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 (C4) Instrument Panel Lights

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 (C4) Instrument Panel Lights