C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

91 weatherstripping windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 06:18 PM
ToniJ1960
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Default 91 weatherstripping windshield replacement

So my `new` 91 just decided that it had to have a new windshield There was no crack when I started driving it the other day but it just `appeared`.

I took it in to get it done but they said I have to get the weatherstripping first for it its so old it tears up when they tu to remove the side pieces of it.

Can someone tell me exactly what to get to have the windshield replaced? They said just the sides ned to be fixed, but the bottom piece looks a little crumbly too maybe.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:32 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by ToniJ1960
So my `new` 91 just decided that it had to have a new windshield There was no crack when I started driving it the other day but it just `appeared`.

I took it in to get it done but they said I have to get the weatherstripping first for it its so old it tears up when they tu to remove the side pieces of it.

Can someone tell me exactly what to get to have the windshield replaced? They said just the sides ned to be fixed, but the bottom piece looks a little crumbly too maybe.
Hi
The factory glued the weatherstrips, when removing them they can be damaged. When you replace your weatherstrip do not use glue, I have installed my weatherstrips without glue and no leaks.
You will need the A pillar windshield header weatherstrip, it goes all the way around. Wilcox weather strips are recommended they are reasonably priced and fit well.

https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...d-pillar-84-96
The following users liked this post:
ToniJ1960 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM
ToniJ1960
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by gerardvg
Hi
The factory glued the weatherstrips, when removing them they can be damaged. When you replace your weatherstrip do not use glue, I have installed my weatherstrips without glue and no leaks.
You will need the A pillar windshield header weatherstrip, it goes all the way around. Wilcox weather strips are recommended they are reasonably priced and fit well.

https://willcoxcorvette.com/corvette...d-pillar-84-96
Thank you for your help

Get notified of new replies

To 91 weatherstripping windshield replacement

Quick Reply: 91 weatherstripping windshield replacement