C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What the,, is this harness for? C4

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:29 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the,, is this harness for? C4

1989 C4 coupe

Took interior out months ago to put new insulation, finally getting back to task and can't remember where this goes.., surprised i didn't tag it. Anyway it comes out of the Storage Compartment where the ABS is. I drove the car and everything 'seems' to work ok.
Attached Images    
Old 02-22-2018, 12:48 AM
1982Stingray
Advanced

no one saw this harness before??
Old 02-22-2018, 04:12 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Post the wire colors to which cavities for each connector on the harness. Is there a tag wrapped around the end of the harness at the extreme end of the harness. You might think your snapshot is excellent but for ID help it SUCKS!!!

SO a better snapshot of each connector and an ID of each with wire color/cavity!!
The following users liked this post:
Lootenny (04-30-2021)
Old 02-22-2018, 11:12 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

im mildly confident that its related to the electric seat harness with the small offshoot as being the seatbelt festner light.

but as wvzr1 said, try again showing colours as they enter into the terminal plugs.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:15 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

scratch that. i missed that it came out of the abs storage compartment. id think then it goes back around past the rear antennae and speakers, past the hatch release solenoid.

at least on my 86 thats the pth the harness takes.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:12 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Post the wire colors to which cavities for each connector on the harness. Is there a tag wrapped around the end of the harness at the extreme end of the harness. You might think your snapshot is excellent but for ID help it SUCKS!!!

SO a better snapshot of each connector and an ID of each with wire color/cavity!!

ok, i thought it is an odd connector so someone would know right off, but 'll try to snap more pics later today, no tag as i recall. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:13 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Are there any diagrams of harness routing that comes out of that storage compartment?
Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1982Stingray
Are there any diagrams of harness routing that comes out of that storage compartment?
Do you have the FSM (Factory Service Manual) for the car? Routing is very generic but there are component connections in the FSM. In your case it's of no value I'd think or you would have stumbled upon something 'NOT' connected.

While you're taking snapshots do one of the SPID label on the console door and include that as well as the connectors with color/pin-out.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-22-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:39 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Goes up the halo bar to the dome lights. There is also a connector for the temp sensor for the C68. That's my guess.

Dome lights on halo arch both work, no error codes from HVAC, functions normally. Thanks
Old 02-23-2018, 03:01 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Default more pics

Ok, i found where the small 2 wire connector went, to the Selective Ride Control FX3, on the upper section of console top, that explains why i did not feel a difference in ride, but the dash light did not indicate a failure.

Attached are more pics of the other wire connector,
it must connect to something within about 18" of the ride select area of console
(SRC **** is between both power window switches but on upper section of console trim panel.)

Only A & B seem to be shown on connector, there are 4 wires as seen in pics.
Attached Images      
Old 02-24-2018, 05:39 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

I'm quite sure I've ID'd the connector. I was quite sure I had back on 2/22 but thought it good to confirm.

Where is the SRC Module for your car? Did you remove it? I know where it should be!!

Your snapshots are pi$$ poor and I did ask for a snapshot of the SPID. I also asked if you had the FSM.

Remember you're the guy asking for help and then comes back with the wise a$$ comments.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-24-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 AM
1982Stingray
Advanced

I'm quite sure I've ID'd the connector. I was quite sure I had back on 2/22 but thought it good to confirm.

Where is the SRC Module for your car? Did you remove it? I know where it should be!!

Your snapshots are pi$$ poor and I did ask for a snapshot of the SPID. I also asked if you had the FSM.

Remember you're the guy asking for help and then comes back with the wise a$$ comments.

What comment exactly was "wise a$$"?
Old 02-24-2018, 12:36 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

False: You did Not even suggest an ID of connector in your posts on 2/22 or after.

Well I gave a chance to clarify the asinine false accusation of me making “wise-a$$ comments” and you could not of course.

WVZR-1, fact is you have been of NO "help" whatsoever, so give your weird attitude and delusions of grandeur a rest..

You seem to be the only person who had trouble seeing the bigger connector in the pics, It’s an odd connector clearly shown in that pic, but still i posted some more pics anyway and yet you still don't know, yet again you blame me and the pics again, and yet Still your posts give NO "help" whatsoever. . ,

Then AFTER it was I found where one of 2 connectors went, with ZERO help from you remember, you then wrote were "quite sure" 2 days ago, (lol, yeah ok that’s right, you the smart guy) even though you never said anything then... yeah, that was 'helpful' (not) but you still want to see more “better pics” = weird, if ya know and all…

At least others offered some guesses and suggestions where to look, which was more helpful than the NOTHING you brought in this topic, as you wait for the OP to solve it and then try to act like you knew.

You then accuse me of making "wise a$$ comments", where there were NONE by me, however it was in fact YOU who made more than a few “wise a$$” and also stupid comments.
Being of No Help in the topic is one thing but false stupid accusations is quite another.

Your version of "help" was USELESS, and at points RUDE, and Not welcome.
I found it without you, like i did the last one, (remember you were of ZERO help).

Maybe you have helped others somewhere else previously but you did NOT give any help in this thread, so lose the attitude and,
Refrain from posting in any of my topics anymore.

Back on topic for the rest, Well, I found the 2nd connector it’s also for the SRC (Selective Ride Control) FX3 option, just like the other i found (without any ‘help’ from ‘that guy, yeesh) it was out of view behind the dash.
All I was needing to know was in what direction to look, as that harness can reach to dash by column, to rear hatch area, or to where it goes, which is behind driver’s seat, then on passenger side along the console.
Hopefully this topic can be helpful to someone in the future.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:28 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1982Stingray
False: You did Not even suggest an ID of connector in your posts on 2/22 or after.
No I didn't 'post' but I asked 2 things of you.

1. A snapshot of the SPID

2. Do you have the FSM?

I wanted the SPID to confirm car options and the if you had the FSM I was going to give you a direction to look into.

You posted about 'dinner time' EST and at midnight you were back asking "no one seen this harness". That seems pretty damn impatient to me - 'wise a$$ed' maybe a stretch but I thought you could have done better with the quiz and snapshots.

If you had posted a snapshot of the SPID most of your questions would have already been answered. Nuff said -

Your 'user ID' reminded me of a local fellow here who owned a '82 and he always showed up wanting info, parts and labor for 'free' - maybe I just took it out on you!!

***No SPID snapshot so I just decided to 'hang around'!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-24-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:53 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

i asked that 2nd post about 6 hours later that surely most people do not think is impatient it was not was a$$ was a legit question, you just supposedly confused me with someone local to you. so you were looking to make trouble.

Like i said you were of NO help and try to act like you were, IF you even supposedly suspected the SRC, ~unlikely.

You even wrote asking
"Where is the SRC Module for your car? Did you remove it? I know where it should be!!"
but did not say.
i know, and never even implied i removed that or any 'component parts' of car, but still you did not say, and so most anyone would label that a wise-a$$ or mostly without the wise part.

I've seen some of your other posts recently, one implying that a guy was stupid and he even replied how you do it to try to make yourself feel smart, which i see that, and it seems to fit with most of your posts as you do not have much to do in life but make a lot of mostly useless posts that in your own mind 'think' are funny,, so clearly you have issues... whatever they are and not having better thing to do with your time than make useless posts, just keep it out of my topics as i do not need or want what 'your version' of what you think is "help" from you as it pi$$ poor, sucks and is useless.
Everyone else was more helpful, even those who did not post.

You were told not to post in my topic again, but of course you feel yourself too smart and important in your own mind that you cannot control yourself and your need to feel important but are just rude and annoying. Run along now...

To everyone else, Thanks.

No I didn't 'post' but I asked 2 things of you.

1. A snapshot of the SPID

2. Do you have the FSM?

I wanted the SPID to confirm car options and the if you had the FSM I was going to give you a direction to look into.

You posted about 'dinner time' EST and at midnight you were back asking "no one seen this harness". That seems pretty damn impatient to me - 'wise a$$ed' maybe a stretch but I thought you could have done better with the quiz and snapshots.

If you had posted a snapshot of the SPID most of your questions would have already been answered. Nuff said -

Your 'user ID' reminded me of a local fellow here who owned a '82 and he always showed up wanting info, parts and labor for 'free' - maybe I just took it out on you!!

***No SPID snapshot so I just decided to 'hang around'!!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:42 PM
1982Stingray
Advanced

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Does the 89 use a Lateral Acceleration Sensor for the ABS? In the later cars the sensor is under the HVAC / Radio in the center stack. It would make sense that the wiring would come forward from the ABS compartment.
Again, just another guess; shooting from the hip. I don't have any manuals for the 89.
Yes there is a sensor under HVAC control head.
I mentioned i found the mating connector up above HVAC control head.
I'll definitely remember to tag my wires better next time.
Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To What the,, is this harness for? C4

Quick Reply: What the,, is this harness for? C4