C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 corvette - has ecu been upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
kiwivetten
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the continued feedback. I do have the wiring schematics and it will probably be another 10 days before the adaptor arrives in New Zealand. Will update you after it arrives.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:34 PM
3D-Aircrew
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwivetten
Thanks for the continued feedback. I do have the wiring schematics and it will probably be another 10 days before the adaptor arrives in New Zealand. Will update you after it arrives.
I had a bad prom once. I had a hell of a time finding a stock replacement. Never did find it so I replaced it with a hypertech.

Maybe since yours has iron heads it might be easier to find if you need one. ECU's can do all kinds of strange things from turning on/off all your injectors to symptoms like yours.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:06 PM
kiwivetten
Advanced

Okay, so some progress has been made. I received a new ECU and the adaptor for the Tech 1.

The original ECU was faulty. On replacing the ECU, the fan stopped running and the relays stopped clicking. Also using the adaptor I was able to scan for fault codes and no trouble codes came up. I plugged the faulty ECU back in and with the adaptor it wont connect and I cant get any data reconfirming the ECU was faulty.

The catch is that the car still wont start! It was very low on fuel (in reserve) so we put in a couple of litres that the owner had a home but still no go.

Ive asked the owner to get more fuel and if that doesnt work, get his mechanic to check fuel pressure but any other ideas?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:56 AM
kiwivetten
Advanced

replaced plugs that were pretty dirty and car fired up and running okay with the new ecu
The following users liked this post:
Benny42 (04-23-2018)

Quick Reply: 1985 corvette - has ecu been upgraded?