C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vanity mirror rattles- any known fixes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts
Default Vanity mirror rattles- any known fixes?

I'm an unabashed freak when in comes to interior noises and rattles. This creates a special challenge with C4 ownership as I'm convinced that Chevrolet engineered creaks, pops and groans into the design.

I located one in my passenger side vanity mirror. I squeeze it and the rattle goes away. Are there any known fixes for this short of buying a new set up? any special way to remove the mirror or just grab a flat head and pop the mirror out?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:17 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
I'm an unabashed freak when in comes to interior noises and rattles. This creates a special challenge with C4 ownership as I'm convinced that Chevrolet engineered creaks, pops and groans into the design.

I located one in my passenger side vanity mirror. I squeeze it and the rattle goes away. Are there any known fixes for this short of buying a new set up? any special way to remove the mirror or just grab a flat head and pop the mirror out?

Thanks!
I'm with you; I HATE squeaks and rattles too! Mine does (did) the same thing. I took a clear 3M adhesive-backed bump on pad and inserted it in a lower corner between the flip-up lid and the perimeter of the mirror frame and bingo, problem solved! Cheap, fast & easy!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:44 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Thanks! I popped the mirror off the visor and found that the glass (in frame) was causing the rattle. 5 minutes with some thin foam tape and problem solved.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:58 PM
rappini
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I was going to order a new passenger side visor for my 92 coupe because of the noise it made. I found that the replacement visor had a different mirror door and wanted to stay original so I found a place in town that would refurbish my visor with same material and same parts for $65. They did a heck of a job, it seems that the cloth material has a foam backing and after 25 years it goes South. Just thought I would mention that.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Remove the sun visors and vanty mirrors.

I determined them to be POS.

Happy i got rid of them.

Carry an extra set of sunglasses so you dont ever forget them /and have a set for a hopefully cute passenger to wear if need be.

Get notified of new replies

To Vanity mirror rattles- any known fixes?

Quick Reply: Vanity mirror rattles- any known fixes?