C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

VR conditioner for Megasquit speed readout

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:39 PM
91blkvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default VR conditioner for Megasquirt speed readout

Anyone using a VR conditioner board with their MS3? Wired in a JBPerf dual board connected to my VR wires, but not getting a speed readout.

Last edited by 91blkvette; 03-27-2018 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Space387
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Are you sure you have it wired properly?I had to reverse the polarity of the input when using MS3 on my Firebirds. What year are you working with and what trans?

While on this topic what other issues are you having with the system? I have ran MS1 and MS3 +3x on the L32 V6 and the LT1 both in firebirds with varying success.

Last edited by Space387; 03-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:23 PM
91blkvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Space387
Are you sure you have it wired properly?I had to reverse the polarity of the input when using MS3 on my Firebirds. What year are you working with and what trans?

While on this topic what other issues are you having with the system? I have ran MS1 and MS3 +3x on the L32 V6 and the LT1 both in firebirds with varying success.
It's wired properly. Swapped wires to VSS2 and Out 2 to check, same response. The problem may be due to the fact that I am sharing the output with the factory speedo.

Still thinking about getting a hand held O scope to verify if the JbPerf board is working, but no big rush. Reason I bought the board was to get a speed reading for TunerStudio and TCC lockup.

TCC is locking up based on MAP and throttle position, but I wanted to record speed as well.

I've not had any real problems with my MS3/3X..and the engine seems to love it too. The only issue I had was trying to set up a parallel install with the factory ecu and that large cap dist.

The large cap dist won't work with a Stealth Ram..

And for some reason, my radio isn't turning on. Not that I could really hear it over the music coming out of the unbaffled AHR exhaust
The following users liked this post:
knikula (04-16-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Space387
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Yea VR sensors and resistance sensors don't share outputs well. Im glad you are having luck with the system, its always good to hear others are having success. What are you using for crank and cam ( if any) pickup. reluctors or is it all in the Distributor? I have every intent to reverse engineer the pcm on my 90 to try and replace the factory unit with my MS3+3x unit.I do think I will favor doing a full LS coil system over whats on there if I can.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:29 PM
91blkvette
Instructor

I'm using a 36-1 wheel on the crank hub, with a Hall sensor. No cam sensor (yet). Did not go the dual sync distributor route due to not being that familiar with the setup, but if Holly's DSD works with a Megasquirt, that would seem to be ideal for a 8 coil setup.

Be careful with coil/distributor wiring. The Megasquirt is sensitive to electrical noise. Fried the factory ECU trying to route the MS wiring harnesses away from the distributor and coil wiring (MSD ign systems do produce a lot of juice). That's why I have that 36-1 wheel on the crank. No noise now, and real accurate timing.

Get notified of new replies

To VR conditioner for Megasquit speed readout

Quick Reply: VR conditioner for Megasquit speed readout