C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

I have a 92 LT1 that sat for 2 years cranks but wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Bob Flambo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 92 LT1 that sat for 2 years cranks but wont start

I put a couple gallons of fresh gas and a new battery in it. I am wondering if the plugs are filed. It will continue to crank then almost will sound like its ready to catch then back to cranks. It is getting spark and fuel. Thanks in advance for any help
Old 04-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Did it start before it was parked? Plugs should be checked. Spark ? Fuel pressure? Its depending on where car was parked corrosion within distributor cap( opti)
The following users liked this post:
Bob Flambo (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Bob Flambo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevova
Did it start before it was parked? Plugs should be checked. Spark ? Fuel pressure? Its depending on where car was parked corrosion within distributor cap( opti)
Yes it started before it was parked. I was thinking possibly the plugs might be filed. It is getting Spark and Fuel. I didn't think of the distributor cap. although it is in a garage. I will have to check that out. Thank you for your help.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:42 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Flambo
Yes it started before it was parked. I was thinking possibly the plugs might be filed. It is getting Spark and Fuel. I didn't think of the distributor cap. although it is in a garage. I will have to check that out. Thank you for your help.
How did you determine that? Did you check fuel pressure? Did you use a noid light for the injectors? Did you put a known good plug at the end and ground the threads to make sure that it is getting a blue flame? How old are the wires?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

You say it's getting spark and fuel...but it's probably not. Not one of those anyway. I'm curious as to how you checked for fuel, too.

Get notified of new replies

To I have a 92 LT1 that sat for 2 years cranks but wont start

Quick Reply: I have a 92 LT1 that sat for 2 years cranks but wont start