C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help identify loose hose.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 11:41 AM
silentgt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identify loose hose.

Hello,

I have a hose that was disconnected when I was doing some work but can't seem to find from where it was disconnected from. It connects to the tpi on one end via a metal pin and then has two hoses on the other. Doesn't seem to affect anything when discoed. Can someone tell me what this does and where the other two ends should go? Its an 89 Coupe.

Last edited by silentgt; 04-03-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:46 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Snapshot wasn't there when I first looked - maybe a browser malfunction BUT sharing the year could certainly help.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-03-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:10 PM
silentgt
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Snapshot wasn't there when I first looked - maybe a browser malfunction BUT sharing the year could certainly help.
Added to post. 89 coupe.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:42 PM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

one goes to HVAC system, the other to cruise control.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:40 PM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 788 Likes on 565 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4120530-trying-to-identify-this-part.html

Check this post. Yours might need some rework. The bottom right loose hose is the vacuum connection. The top wire is the cruise and the bottom left loose is HVAC connection.

Last edited by Whaleman; 04-03-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:03 PM
silentgt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whaleman
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4120530-trying-to-identify-this-part.html

Check this post. Yours might need some rework. The bottom right loose hose is the vacuum connection. The top wire is the cruise and the bottom left loose is HVAC connection.
The location of them in that thread is a bit different than mine. In that thread the top part is next to the injectors and under the fuel rail. On my year its ontop. However, assuming they go to the same places on the bottom side, where do i look for the other end of the vacuum and HVAC connections?
Old 04-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 788 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by silentgt
The location of them in that thread is a bit different than mine. In that thread the top part is next to the injectors and under the fuel rail. On my year its ontop. However, assuming they go to the same places on the bottom side, where do i look for the other end of the vacuum and HVAC connections?
I am not knowledgeable about your year. I expect that people who are will chime in soon. Dan
Old 04-03-2018, 05:14 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

OP - you're correct - the link is for an LT1 car and even tough the ultimate function is same/similar yours is 'different'. That's why I mentioned year. L98 routing accomplishes the same but differently. I had I thought a very good L98 routing but I believe it's on a different HDD that I can't access right now.

Valve is located similar to this from the FSM from the fitting high and to the rear of your plenum (which appears correct), one tail goes to a group of wires and a plastic tube that goes through the firewall and the other towards the vacuum canister. The snapshot I don't find

Here's the 'pass-through' and the valve location when plumbed correctly I believe. The arrows for S135 & S152 are pointing towards the 'pass-through' from the inside. You'll find it under the hood behind the distributor and you're looking for likely a 5/32 tube.

Name:  L98 pass through.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  Vacuum Valve L98.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  53.1 KB

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-03-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:48 PM
silentgt
Advanced

Thanks WVZR-1, I'll look around that general location.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:52 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Thanks WVZR-1, I'll look around that general location.
Put your hands on the cruise servo over by the battery and follow that hose to very likely a TEE where that hose belongs. TEE will go to the servo and another forward to the vacuum tank I believe.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:02 PM
silentgt
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Put your hands on the cruise servo over by the battery and follow that hose to very likely a TEE where that hose belongs. TEE will go to the servo and another forward to the vacuum tank I believe.
So that's what that thing is. Cruise control never worked on my car. Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 AM
wsherrard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Vacuum line

I have a 1991 and just checked mine on mine the top line goes to the plenum, the small bottom line goes to the HVAC and the larger line goes to the Tee mentioned by WVZR-1 (driver side).

Last edited by wsherrard; 04-04-2018 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:32 PM
silentgt
Advanced

Originally Posted by wsherrard
I have a 1991 and just checked mine on mine the top line goes to the plenum, the small bottom line goes to the HVAC and the larger line goes to the Tee mentioned by WVZR-1 (driver side).
Thanks everyone. I followed one of the lines from the vacuum tank and found a disconnected junction at the T connector. Then behind the distro I found what looks like a broken plastic straw like cable coming out from a wiring loom at the firewall. I connected both up. No real way to tell if it does anything. Speaking of cruise control, do you guys have some kind of indicator on the dashboard when you flip the switch to on or when you press the button at the end of the stalk?
Old 04-14-2018, 09:10 AM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Speaking of cruise control, do you guys have some kind of indicator on the dashboard when you flip the switch to on or when you press the button at the end of the stalk?
Funny you ask that. When I was test driving my 92 I tried the cruise control. Told the guy it wasn't working because there was no light on the dash. Then I took my foot of the pedal and it maintained speed.

Guess I'm a little spoiled to all the lights on newer cars.

My MDX has a your headlights are on light, separate one for fog lights, cruise control power on, cruise control engaged. It even has lighted switches for the dash dimmer, and trip reset. It even has 2 bulbs to illuminate the cup holders in a soft blue light.

I spend a fortune on bulbs keeping 4 honda products fully illuminated.

Get notified of new replies

To Help identify loose hose.

Quick Reply: Help identify loose hose.