C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'93 Odd Electrical Issue(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:04 AM
gdgeorge
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Default '93 Odd Electrical Issue(s)

I put my car back on the road last month and, lo! The tachometer was working again. I had been on-again off-again for some time, and for the last year inoperative for the most part. I've been meaning to find and check the ground on the firewall as I understand that's sometimes an issue. I think we've talked about that here but I've just not had time to get into it.

Anyway, I started the car on Sunday two weeks ago and the tach was inoperative again.

But wait! Probably unrelated is that there's a new issue with the interior lights flickering on and off while driving. This had come up a couple of years ago and I thought it was resolved by adjusting both and then replacing one of the door switches. I'm not sure this is the same issue however in that in this iteration, the door locks are cycling randomly with the lights as well.

Is it possible the that aftermarket remote starter is causing this? Is it time to just yank the thing out. (And are there issues if I do that?)

The chime doesn't work when you open the doors but does if you leave the lights on and open the door.

Delayed action bus seems to work as advertised.

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 04-16-2018, 10:53 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by gdgeorge
I put my car back on the road last month and, lo! The tachometer was working again. I had been on-again off-again for some time, and for the last year inoperative for the most part. I've been meaning to find and check the ground on the firewall as I understand that's sometimes an issue. I think we've talked about that here but I've just not had time to get into it.

Anyway, I started the car on Sunday two weeks ago and the tach was inoperative again.

But wait! Probably unrelated is that there's a new issue with the interior lights flickering on and off while driving. This had come up a couple of years ago and I thought it was resolved by adjusting both and then replacing one of the door switches. I'm not sure this is the same issue however in that in this iteration, the door locks are cycling randomly with the lights as well.

Is it possible the that aftermarket remote starter is causing this? Is it time to just yank the thing out. (And are there issues if I do that?)

The chime doesn't work when you open the doors but does if you leave the lights on and open the door.

Delayed action bus seems to work as advertised.

Thanks,
Jerry
This is where I would start.

Quick Reply: '93 Odd Electrical Issue(s)