C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Power Seat Wiring Diagram '94-'96

Old 05-19-2018, 06:52 PM
MBrianB
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Power Seat Wiring Diagram '94-'96

I bought a pair of powered seat tracks and need the wiring diagram to install them. Anybody have a FSM or schematic they would share?

Thanks, Brian
Old 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM
MLaw
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 53 Posts

Brian,

I have installed a set of power seats in my '96 so I can tell you what you'll need to do. I bought the factory power seat switch unit which gets installed in the center console in place of the small storage bin. The seat switches have all the wiring needed to connect to both the seat motors and the power supply connector which is already a part of the wiring harness in the center console.

I've included a picture of the switch so you can see all the wiring that is included with it. I bought mine on Ebay for about $45 and it looked and worked perfectly.

In order to install the switch and make the necessary connections, you'll have to remove the shifter cover and loosen the carpeted panels on either side of the center console. There are existing openings in the carpet under the seats where the wiring gets fed up to the seat motor connectors. Inside the console, on the driver's side, you'll find a 2 pin
connector that is the main power feed for the seats.

By using the OEM switch, all the wiring is done for you and the installation will look the same as if the factory did it.

To finish the installation, you'll also want to get the correct plastic trim covers for the front exposed ends of the power seat tracks as they are different from the ones on the manual seat tracks. These can also be found on Ebay for modest prices.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll try to help you out.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by MLaw:
FASTAZU (05-20-2018), MBrianB (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 08:12 PM
MBrianB
Pro

Thanks MLaw, I bought the same switch on ebay but for more money.
I am installing the seats and mounts in my C3 so I will have to find a different place to mount the switches.
The seat tracks are supposed to be '94+ and the seat switches I bought on ebay are the same as yours. I hope they match up.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Hope this helps. Sounds like a cool project.

Last edited by FASTAZU; 05-20-2018 at 09:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MBrianB (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 AM
MLaw
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 53 Posts

You can very easily test the operation of the seat tracks and switches without ever installing them in your car. Connect one of the 6 pin connectors to each of the seat motors. I believe the two connectors shown in the bottom left hand corner of the seat switch picture get connected together and the remaining 2 pin connector is where you connect 12V power from a battery charger of other 12V DC source. Have fun playing with it.
The following users liked this post:
MBrianB (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by MLaw
You can very easily test the operation of the seat tracks and switches without ever installing them in your car. Connect one of the 6 pin connectors to each of the seat motors. I believe the two connectors shown in the bottom left hand corner of the seat switch picture get connected together and the remaining 2 pin connector is where you connect 12V power from a battery charger of other 12V DC source. Have fun playing with it.
This I'd think a 'wise move' on the part of the OP. I've never attempted C4 of any variety into a C3 but a couple 'locals' have and none were happy. Two I don't believe even finished the install and the 3d guy after seeing one of the other attempts sold his before even the attempt.

If the OP knows they function it would be an easier sell I'd think. These are '94+ base seats or sport?

I'd want to confirm a 'fit' before whacking at the C3 to attempt a control install.

OP - GOOD LUCK
Old 05-21-2018, 12:47 PM
MBrianB
Pro

Default So Here Is My Inspiration

From the C3 part of this forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-console.html

I'm using the same non sport seats as in the link.

Last edited by MBrianB; 05-21-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:48 PM
MBrianB
Pro

Originally Posted by MLaw
That is my plan when the switches arrive on Friday, Thanks.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:20 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by MBrianB
From the C3 part of this forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-console.html

I'm using the same non sport seats as in the link.
That's certainly a very impressive build but I didn't see a direct reference to the seat install and what was used for tracks. If there's a thread involving the 'seat' install it would be an interesting read. I didn't look very hard either.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:54 PM
MBrianB
Pro

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
That's certainly a very impressive build but I didn't see a direct reference to the seat install and what was used for tracks. If there's a thread involving the 'seat' install it would be an interesting read. I didn't look very hard either.
I would like to have power seats, however, I have the C3 tracks to use to mount the C4 seats if needed. Others have had success with the non powered seat tracks but I'm a fiddler and if it is possible I will make them work. I do not want to alter the floor of the C3 so I will have to work with the space available. We'll see when all the parts come in.
"Cut to fit, pound to shape, paint to match"

Last edited by MBrianB; 05-22-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Backseat Driver
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question: Shouldn't the single switch that controls the fore/aft, up/down, tilt, apply to the driver's seat AND the passengers seat? I would think that the DR - PS slide switch should make the adjustment switch work both seats - mine does not. No matter the position of the DR-PS switch, I can only get the driver's seat to move.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:47 PM
tashea
4th Gear

I have the exact issue with my 96 vette power sport seats driver side only working even if slide switch is in the passenger seat location di you ever get a reply to what the fix is? thanks
Old 10-28-2018, 10:06 PM
MissileDoc
Pro

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Backseat Driver and tashea, checkout the following thread for your solution.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...at-issues.html
Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM
tashea
4th Gear

thanks a million your post helped tremendously problem fixed I was waiting on a FSM I bought online to try and figure out what was going on

Get notified of new replies

To Power Seat Wiring Diagram '94-'96

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Seat Wiring Diagram '94-'96