C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Headers for 87 L98

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Patrick Spitler
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers for 87 L98

Ok i need new exhaust manifolds for my 87 vette cause the "fix" the last owner did when they deleted out the air system they put a 3/4" gas line cap on and just jammed it on and it blew off today so since that setup is gone. I am looking for new exhaust manifolds that i can use with out the air system i think i found a set but unsure that it will fit. There flowtech ram's horn exhaust manifolds part # 11704-R on jeg's website. Has anyone ever used these on there vettes or seen one with them just trying to get an idea on fitment.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:11 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Spitler
Ok i need new exhaust manifolds for my 87 vette cause the "fix" the last owner did when they deleted out the air system they put a 3/4" gas line cap on and just jammed it on and it blew off today so since that setup is gone. I am looking for new exhaust manifolds that i can use with out the air system i think i found a set but unsure that it will fit. There flowtech ram's horn exhaust manifolds part # 11704-R on jeg's website. Has anyone ever used these on there vettes or seen one with them just trying to get an idea on fitment.
That is just to cap it off so you don't get air or exhaust smoke.

Have you tried looking for exhaust manifolds with your year and model? I'd get a set of exhaust manifolds and just cap it off but do it tight if you want it cheap. I guess the question is how much you want to spend.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Patrick Spitler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aklim
That is just to cap it off so you don't get air or exhaust smoke.

Have you tried looking for exhaust manifolds with your year and model? I'd get a set of exhaust manifolds and just cap it off but do it tight if you want it cheap. I guess the question is how much you want to spend.
I have and those didn't come up i just found them while searching for new ones and most for sell are long tube headers and i don'd feel like redoing the whole system at this time. I can just remove and weld a cap from where is come out of the manifold at but if i take them i will want to replace them so i can just get that system out of there and be done with it.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:47 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Most people looking for an "upgrade" to exhaust MANIFOLDS swap to LT1 manifolds...and cap the air tube outlets. They flow VERY WELL for stock manifolds and are significantly bigger than L98's. Many include exhaust piping as well.

Otherwise, Hedman, OBX, Exotic Muscle, TPIS, or Stainless Works would be the common choices for longtube headers (listed in increasing price).
Old 05-23-2018, 12:39 AM
Patrick Spitler
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
Most people looking for an "upgrade" to exhaust MANIFOLDS swap to LT1 manifolds...and cap the air tube outlets. They flow VERY WELL for stock manifolds and are significantly bigger than L98's. Many include exhaust piping as well.

Otherwise, Hedman, OBX, Exotic Muscle, TPIS, or Stainless Works would be the common choices for longtube headers (listed in increasing price).
Yeah i will look into lt1 headers cause i dont want to go down long tubes atm budget and all i just looking for a non air headers that will work for my L98
Old 05-23-2018, 04:59 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Patrick Spitler
Yeah i will look into lt1 headers cause i dont want to go down long tubes atm budget and all i just looking for a non air headers that will work for my L98
LT1 manifolds are cheaper than the headers if you buy used.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:47 AM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

I have a set of LT1 manifolds for sale, PM if interersted
Old 05-23-2018, 11:49 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by vette196
I have a set of LT1 manifolds for sale, PM if interersted
OP, do that I would.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:15 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by aklim
OP, do that I would.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers for 87 L98

Quick Reply: Headers for 87 L98