C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 4+3 Reverse Start Shift Lock Mod / Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Robert Johnson
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 4+3 Reverse Start Shift Lock Mod / Removal

C4 corvette Reverse start lockout feature... the cable for it attaches from shift lever then goes to behind steering wheel to lock the key when not in reverse. Gay! The book says and peeps online say remove driver seat, remove center dash, remove shift lever.. bla,bla,bla... no way lol I got a better idea and gonna post a YouTube vid to help future corvette guys for these years... simple cheap free and works I'm hoping..
my trial test passed now I just figure out how to make it stay and be tricked. Stupid anti theft crap.. it's dangerous I think cause if I stall in the middle of an intersection turning left or going straight the people behind me will see my reverse lights come on and they might put their vehicle into reverse thinking I'm backing up. Then they see I'm going forward again and if they forget to put their vehicle back into drive they will press on the gas and back into somebody. I don't understand why Chevy did this but I am eliminating it the easy way LOL I'll send the link to my video once I'm done...
Watch "1985 C4 Corvette 4+3 Shift Lock Location And Mod Removal" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/ogjDd1ulcMc

Quick Reply: 1985 4+3 Reverse Start Shift Lock Mod / Removal