C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Super ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:58 AM
kitttransam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scorp508
Forget the Super Ram, I'm jealous of how clean the rest of your engine bay is!
I bought this car in 2009. Paid $1700 for it. It was a junker more or less. Motor was shot. Interior was shot. Body looked good just needed a paint job. It’s been almost 10 years since I bought it. It’s definitely came a long way with all the blood sweat and tears. Appreciate the comment. Too bad my hood has a big primer spot on it. I’ve painted the whole car already. But I damaged the hood from working on the car a couple years ago. Hood slammed with something on top of the motor.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:45 AM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tpis

Originally Posted by kitttransam
Well the super ram got the best of me last night. I honestly thought there was a little more clearance for valve covers. I was wrong. Can’t get them past the runners and roller rockers. Did a little grinding and still no go. I said screw it ordered some proform steel perimeter bolt covers I know those will fit. I had this same problem with the as&m runners but was able to have valve covers on to put runners on. Not with these super ram runners. Not only did I have to take the valve covers off. I had to remove whatever rocker arm that sit in front of the bottom runners bolts to tighten them. What a pain. But I’ll get it.
I ended up using the TPIS intake...Fits great ...lots of HP 485 HP...Great driveabilty.
Easy to install and work on...Injector change is about 40 Minutes

Works very well
Old 09-18-2018, 11:46 AM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kitttransam
would it be worthwhile to go from my LTR AS&M runner and ported plenum setup and go to a super ram plenum? I already have the super ram base on. I’m running the lingenfelter 211/219 cam and AFR heads. In the middle of a tranny rebuild now but this would be the last big thing I would want to do to the motor.
take a look at the TPIS intake....
Old 09-27-2018, 12:31 PM
1969taman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new guy here getting parts to do super ram install and I need the accelerator cable bracket anyone have a spare?
nice looking install Kittransam!
Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM
steven mack
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's not the intake ports that leak coolant .It's the bolt holes.I had this problem with my accel base.You need to put RTV on the bolts before you put them in.I did this and never had the problem again.

Quick Reply: Super ram