C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone else have these: Proform Black Center Bolt Valve Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:03 PM
LWesthaver
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Default Anyone else have these: Proform Black Center Bolt Valve Covers?

Has anyone else bought a set of these?

Proform Die-Cast Aluminum Center Bolt Valve Covers for 1987-Up Small Block Chevy in Black Crinkle Finish

I just purchased a set from Jeggs and was surprised to find that they don't have a threaded oil fill hole. So my original cap won't fit. Instead, I have to use a push-in style cap. I'm not liking that. The Jeggs website doesn't provide a link to the recommended oil filler cap so I had no idea the OEM cap wouldn't fit.

Also, they shorted me on the rubber washers that seal the valve cover bolts. I'm not liking that either. I contacted them and they said they will ask the manufacturer to send me the missing washers. I wonder how long that will take?

There were other odd things about the packaging of my order that makes me suspect that I just purchased someone else's return. But the valve covers themselves look pretty good. So, my question is... should I send these things back? This is my first time dealing with Jeggs and I'm not impressed.

I'm just looking for a set of black valve covers that are drop-in replacements and use the same oil cap, PVC and vent fittings. Is this really that hard to find?

-Wes

Last edited by LWesthaver; 08-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 PM
renegade69
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the same same purchased at summit about 2 years ago. No problems with parts missing.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:30 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Go to Ace Hardware, they have the rubber washers for around 20 cents apiece..I have the same black covers and they are well made.. You can get the push in caps for less then $5.00 on ebay with your choice of emblem on them , I have the Chevy emblem and they seal well and don't leak...WW
Old 08-20-2018, 10:17 PM
LWesthaver
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks guys. I guess I'll keep the valve covers and just hunt up the missing washers and a proper oil filler cap.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:23 PM
renegade69
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

This is the one I have.
https://www.ebay.com/p/ProForm-141-630-Chevy-Bowtie-Push-in-Oil-Filler-Cap-Use-With-Valve-Covers/1117835410

Last edited by renegade69; 08-20-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else have these: Proform Black Center Bolt Valve Covers?

Quick Reply: Anyone else have these: Proform Black Center Bolt Valve Covers?