C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 07:27 PM
dtorc4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors

I did the 165 swap when I put my new engine in, and I still can't get it to start. I have fuel pressure at the rail, but I'm not sure if my injectors are firing. Would you please take a look at this and tell me if something is screwy or if I'm screwy :crazy:

When I test the wires running from the ECM to the FIs, I get continuity on both banks of injectors from each wire. Does that make sense?? i.e. if I test the 1-3-5-7 injector wire @ the ECM, I get continuity on all injectors, like it was hooked up to all the injectors. This is also the case for the 2-4-6-8 injector wire from the ECM.

When I crank the car, I get about .4v at the injectors, but when I hook up a test light to it, the injectors don't "pulse" like they should. The light stays on continuously.

I have the wires hooked up correctly according to the pinouts I've looked at. What could be wrong? Or is there nothing wrong and this is the way it's supposed to be? :mad :confused: :crazy: :U
Old 10-23-2002, 09:46 PM
Bluevette85
Drifting

Default Re: I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors (dtorc4)

I get continuity on both banks of injectors from each wire.
This should not be. You may have one pair of the injector wires crossed. See my post in the ecm section on my swap. The wire colors are:

870 ecm wire:
C15 Lt GRN Injectors 2,4,6,8
D14 Lt GRN Injectors 2,4,6,8
D15 Lt BLU Injectors 1,3,5,7
D16 Lt BLU Injectors 1,3,5,7

I hope you get it fixed.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:54 PM
dtorc4
Le Mans Master

Default Re: I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors (Bluevette85)

That's how I had it - green w/ green, blue w/ blue. At first, I was thinking that the wires were crossed, too. But after spraying starter fluid down the plenum and having it fire and then die once I stopped spraying, I new the injectors weren't firing. I ended up swapping the old computer back in and it started.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:46 PM
Bluevette85
Drifting

Default Re: I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors (dtorc4)

Maybe you had a bad ECM?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:03 AM
dtorc4
Le Mans Master

Default Re: I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors (Bluevette85)

Maybe you had a bad ECM?
That's what I'm thinking. The SES light would not flash when I grounded pins A&B on the ALDL. But some of the computer controlled stuff worked - the fuel pump charged when I turned the key on, and other little buzzing/whirring noises were heard that are not heard when the ECM is unplugged.

Could it possibly be the memcals that I have burned for it? I have 2 - one I think is the stock .bin and another that I know is modified for my car. Craig Moates burned them for me, and I know he knows what he is doing, but could he have perhaps made a mistake that would cause the injectors to not fire??? :cheers:
Old 10-24-2002, 08:14 AM
Bluevette85
Drifting

With the connectors apart from the ecm, is there continuity between both injector banks? You should not have continuity between 1357 and 2468. Did you put the memcal onto Craigs adapter correctly. The side of the memcal with two black chips plugs into the pins on the adapter. Lastly, did you plug the programmed chip into the adapter correctly?

Get notified of new replies

To I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors

Quick Reply: I might have a problem with the wiring from ECM to my fuel injectors