C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Auto Climate - No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 10:38 AM
1995C4New2Me!
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Climate - No Heat

Hell: New to the group; always been a "Car Guy" (Classics) but this is my first Corvette. 1995 C4 - 49K original miles, runs and looks great.....BUT.....On a recent "Mini Road Trip" that took me into the night I went to change my interior temp from "Air Conditioning" to a little "Heat". Every thing appeared to work; all button on the "Climate Control" system lit and activated what they should (Air flow, Auto, Temp "Up" and "Down" displayed properly) but it continued to blow "Air Conditioning" temps and not the heat temp I set and it showed.

I don't believe there is a problem with the cooling system (thermostat or heater core) but more so with the "Climate Control System".

Did a little research and found that there is a temp sensor in the front (lower) exterior of the Vette and this may be it - damage or unplugged; but I've learned from being around for some time that by asking others who may have experienced similar concerns; well you can often get a quick, "I didn't think about that" reply ad fix.

Look forward to any replies and continuing to drive my Vette.

JPL/Oho

Quick Reply: Auto Climate - No Heat