C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for advice on replacement clutch kit/upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Solderhead
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Looking for advice on replacement clutch kit/upgrade

Hello all thanks for reading.

Went with a Fidanza aluminum flywheel on my 94 coupe, I'm reading all about different clutch upgrade kits but nothing fairly recent. Does anyone have any current links to clutch kits that eliminate the dual mass flywheel? Looking at OEM/mild upgraded style clutches. Thanks to anyone that can offer info.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Solderhead
Hello all thanks for reading.

Went with a Fidanza aluminum flywheel on my 94 coupe, I'm reading all about different clutch upgrade kits but nothing fairly recent. Does anyone have any current links to clutch kits that eliminate the dual mass flywheel? Looking at OEM/mild upgraded style clutches. Thanks to anyone that can offer info.
Fidanza flywheel is a great choice , be sure to use sprung hub type clutch and zfdoc thicker shim on trans countershaft to near eliminate any rattle noise!from getting rid of dual mass
Old 09-19-2018, 04:01 AM
Solderhead
Advanced

Originally Posted by dizwiz24

Fidanza flywheel is a great choice , be sure to use sprung hub type clutch and zfdoc thicker shim on trans countershaft to near eliminate any rattle noise!from getting rid of dual mass
Thank you for the reply. Can you provide more info on this shim? Additionally I'm having difficulty sourcing a clutch disc with the spring hub specifically for that application. I was reading that the Camaro LT1 disc would work for this application. Is this true?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:43 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Solderhead
Thank you for the reply. Can you provide more info on this shim? Additionally I'm having difficulty sourcing a clutch disc with the spring hub specifically for that application. I was reading that the Camaro LT1 disc would work for this application. Is this true?
SPEC or carolina clutch sells them.

someone else is going to have to answer about camaro disk.

zfdoc (email him) sells countershaft shim. He may need measurementa from your stock one first.

be sure to take off external weight (from flywheel), neutral balance your pressure plate to your fidanza flywheel , then add back on the external weight.

make sure you know where the extra weight of your stock dual mass was and make sure the external balance weight of the dual mass goes on clocked the same.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM
Solderhead
Advanced

Originally Posted by dizwiz24

SPEC or carolina clutch sells them.

someone else is going to have to answer about camaro disk.

zfdoc (email him) sells countershaft shim. He may need measurementa from your stock one first.

be sure to take off external weight (from flywheel), neutral balance your pressure plate to your fidanza flywheel , then add back on the external weight.

make sure you know where the extra weight of your stock dual mass was and make sure the external balance weight of the dual mass goes on clocked the same.
Thanks for the info. I should have specified I had the engine rebuilt to a 383 that's been internally balanced, which is one of the reasons I went with the fidanza wheel. I'll check into the other things as well, thanks!
Old 09-21-2018, 10:29 AM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

+2 for Carolina clutch. Def get sprung variant. If you're having your motor balance, it would be extremely beneficial to have them balance to the FW as well.

When I had my LT4 balanced, it was off by 2oz from the factory (hence the bearings looking like crap at 78k miles).

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for advice on replacement clutch kit/upgrade

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on replacement clutch kit/upgrade