C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

early c4 replacement of car with an xpipe muffler from magnaflow

Old 09-20-2018, 03:40 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,446 Posts
Default early c4 replacement of car with an xpipe muffler from magnaflow

Im in canada.

i cant say for sure im going to do this but i was curious if anyone has removed the cat under the tunnel and installed these magnaflow "muffler" with the internal x pipe. This one is 9" wide 4" tall and 20" long.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-11385

vs the x pipe on its own without the muffler encasement that is 9" wide and 5" tall. 18 long.

so....the "muffler encased" version appears to be an inch shorter (for avoiding the underside of the tunnel) and its 2" longer, but the exact same width.

The reason im enquiring is because i had to gut my cat a while back and i have kbd targa muffler deletes and the drone is deafening ever since i had to gut the cat. i like the idea of an xpipe with the targas and ive seen good reviews.

has anybody put the "muffler encased" xpipe in the place of where the main cat was under the tunnel? I know ive seen the xpipe in there so i am quite sure it fits but just thought is ask.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

We would not recommend replacing your catalytic converters with anything other than an OE or comparable replacement unit (we also offer these), but we have seen our resonated X mufflers used on Corvettes before. These have been a popular mod for a wide range of vehicles from Audi S4s to Camaros because of their sound quality. By installing the resonated X, you can expect a deeper tone, less drone and a slightly lower volume. With the unresonated X, you will probably get a raspier tone, maybe a tad less drone and about the same volume.

In custom setups, we always recommend checking the dimensions of the component in question under your car prior to purchasing it to ensure correct fitment. If there are any questions we can answer regarding either product, please let us know!

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 09-25-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: early c4 replacement of car with an xpipe muffler from magnaflow