C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1986 Window Regulator Upgrade - Height Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 AM
WJF
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Window Regulator Upgrade - Height Adjustment?

Replaced ribbon style regulator on my 86-early with the 87 upgrade. Fits right in, but window goes up about 1/2-3/4 inch too high. Can figure out how to adjust overall height.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:34 PM
cmontel727
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WJF
Replaced ribbon style regulator on my 86-early with the 87 upgrade. Fits right in, but window goes up about 1/2-3/4 inch too high. Can figure out how to adjust overall height.
if I remember right, the height adjustment is changed by adjusting the bolt stop near the the top of the door. The bolt is located just below the side view mirror. I want say it’s either a 10mm or 12mm.

Hope this helps

Last edited by cmontel727; 09-27-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:06 AM
WJF
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And there it was... I was looking at the window regulator, figuring that's where the stop/height adjustment would be, but it was actually the little rubber **** mounted in the lower forward part of the window, that hits the adjustable stop right where you said it would be. There's also one on the back of the window, where the window mounting mechanism comes up and drives into a "hook" that's also mounted to the door. This helps adjust front/back to fit nicely.

Thanks, cmontel727 from Newton, NJ. Big help.

Regards,
Old 10-06-2018, 07:18 PM
cmontel727
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WJF
And there it was... I was looking at the window regulator, figuring that's where the stop/height adjustment would be, but it was actually the little rubber **** mounted in the lower forward part of the window, that hits the adjustable stop right where you said it would be. There's also one on the back of the window, where the window mounting mechanism comes up and drives into a "hook" that's also mounted to the door. This helps adjust front/back to fit nicely.

Thanks, cmontel727 from Newton, NJ. Big help.

Regards,
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out!

Get notified of new replies

To 1986 Window Regulator Upgrade - Height Adjustment?

Quick Reply: 1986 Window Regulator Upgrade - Height Adjustment?