Wheel swap - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wheel swap

Old 10-10-2018, 08:17 AM
emarkovits

The C5 only has its stock wheel and not the C5Z06 wheels. In addition they are not 4 same width wheels, I plan to use in the future. The C5 will run 4 same wheels 18x10.5 with 315 wide tires. I plan to buy the wheels and tires for the C5 (which is being built to be a Spec Vette race car). In the mean time, I was hoping to use the new C5 ZO6 wheel/tires set up on the 1995 C4 I'm currently running next couple months.

I think after all the discusison, it appears I would need to use 20mm hub centric spacers on the C4 to have the same location and results as my current 17x11" wheels I currently use on C4.

Long story but hope it makes sense.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Gibbles
CF Senior Member

ah, that makes more sense.
I thought you were needing some coffee or something.
(and sorry, I might come off as a dick before my morning coffee )
Old 10-11-2018, 02:35 PM
vettehardt
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MatthewMiller View Post
Something is odd here. The front C5Z wheel is 17x9.5 with offset of 54mm, which gives backspacing of only 7.38". That's almost identical to a stock C4 17x9.5 that has offset of 56mm. They should fit just fine. The rear C5Z is 18x10.5 with 58mm offset, and will have 8.03" of backspacing. That's about the max backspacing that will fit on a later C4, but it should fit on all four corners. Note that I have three sets of wheels with similar backspacing and they fit just fine. Certainly though, running 1/4" spacers would not be a problem if needed.
I was only referring to the 18x10.5 wheels that i test fit on both front and back of my car.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: