C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help! How 2 adapt 84 ecu connector for dynamic efi

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 AM
HPaddic3d
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help! How 2 adapt 84 ecu connector for dynamic efi

Hey guys. Ive just bought the dynamic efi EBL flash II system and have the ecu at home. I was told on the website that all it needed to plug into crossfire vettes was to splice the pin connector for the ecu from a later year tbi truck or camaro/firebird in order to make it plug n play. Anyone have steps on how to do this? I just wanna make sure im doing it right before i cut up my wiring harness. Steps or guides appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-12-2018, 02:20 PM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,372 Likes on 1,061 Posts

You can still get a hamboard iirc and then just swap the ecm connector, then you aren't repinning and cutting up your stock harness. Otherwise, I'd reach out to gibbles as he is the most recent person I know of to do this.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:27 PM
MikeP84
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Dont move!!! I have just what your looking for! I did the swap last year so I can help
Old 10-14-2018, 01:34 PM
MikeP84
Racer

You have two options, one is buying a ham board like stated above. It's pretty much plug and play but you will have to buy a used one bc I don't think they make them any more. Option two is to change the 84 ecm connectors to 86 style. That was the route I went. It's more work but I still wanted to do it that way. If you want to do the same thing as me then I can help you step by step. Bob from dynamic efi sent me a cheet sheet to swap wires from old connector to new and it works for me.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:33 PM
HPaddic3d
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, SEND ALL THE THINGS . That sounds absolutely amazing. Also which ecu did you end up buying to send into dynamic so they could convert it to their system? I'll just follow your lead part for part.

Last edited by HPaddic3d; 10-14-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:47 PM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,372 Likes on 1,061 Posts

When I was looking into it, it was cheaper to get one straight from dynamic rather than buy one local and send it out. There are deals to be had but I couldn't find a way to get one and then get it to him for less than the 50$ up charge for their case.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:38 PM
MikeP84
Racer

I bought one directly from them and had them install the port mod as I am running an edelbrock pro flo intake. Guess I didnt realize they could install their stuff within an old ecm. So if your going the same route as me it will be a little bit harder but probably less expensive. Like I said I have the conversion diagrams to go from 84 connectors to 86, so all you will need is the connectors and pins both of which are sold by dynamic efi. I would recommend about 50pins in total just in case you mess some up, and a set of ecm terminal pliers to crimp them. If you try using normal pliers you will not get a get crimp, and trust me you don't want to be driving around hours from home wondering if a wire will fall out and strand you somewhere. After that, all you do is remove one wire, cut off old terminal, install new, and put it in the correct location of new connector!
Tomorrow I will post of the conversion diagrams for you!
Old 10-16-2018, 04:47 PM
MikeP84
Racer

Ok, here are 3 pictures and 1 attachment that I used. They were all provided by Bob from Dynamic EFI. He is a great guy who helped me tons via email. If you used the attachment it tells you where you need to move each wire from the old connector to the new one. I did one wire at a time so I didn't get them mixed up. Like I said before, Dynamic EFI sells the connectors and pins. I'm sure you can get them from somewhere else but I wanted to buy them from him. I would also highly recommend getting a set of good crimpers. The job fairly straight forward tho. The other pictures were just so I could confirm what wire I was moving and where I was putting it. Lastly, check out my build thread from more info. I don't go into great detail about the conversion but you might enjoy it! Let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-upgrade.html

Attached Files
File Type: txt
RePin.txt (713 Bytes, 65 views)

Get notified of new replies

To Help! How 2 adapt 84 ecu connector for dynamic efi

Quick Reply: Help! How 2 adapt 84 ecu connector for dynamic efi