C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

89L98TPI's new 434 SBC

Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM
rklessdriver
CF Senior Member

Recieved 185 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by C409 View Post
.. Sounds Great ! Keep us posted what does your car weigh ? ..
We were just talking about weight a couple days ago, and what he could do to get it lighter..... He's going to run it across a truck scale once its back running and see where it is now. I'm thinking probably 3100 maybe 3150ish... only thing removed is the AC stuff and now the factory steering rack swapped for the Pinto rack.

I am looking forward to seeing him back racing. His car has always ran well.

Will
Old 04-13-2019, 09:02 PM
C409
CF Senior Member

Recieved 124 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rklessdriver View Post
We were just talking about weight a couple days ago, and what he could do to get it lighter..... He's going to run it across a truck scale once its back running and see where it is now. I'm thinking probably 3100 maybe 3150ish... only thing removed is the AC stuff and now the factory steering rack swapped for the Pinto rack.

I am looking forward to seeing him back racing. His car has always ran well.

Will
.. My heap weighs 3600# on the starting line I deleted the A/C but added an alternator and a small AGM battery , plus the 6-point roll bar the power windows are gonna stay they're just too convenient here in the Florida heat and my full exhaust system is heavy stuff if he runs 9's NA he's probably going to need a parachute ..
Old 04-13-2019, 09:08 PM
89L98TPI
CF Senior Member

Recieved 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C409 View Post
.. My heap weighs 3600# on the starting line I deleted the A/C but added an alternator and a small AGM battery , plus the 6-point roll bar the power windows are gonna stay they're just too convenient here in the Florida heat and my full exhaust system is heavy stuff if he runs 9's NA he's probably going to need a parachute ..

✓... Parachute is cheaper then one of those fancy big brake kits 😂... And looks cooler on a street car.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:53 PM
C409
CF Senior Member

Recieved 124 Likes on 116 Posts

.. Give me a shout if you have any issues with your tune I have a 421 on E-85 with a Holley ECU should be in the same ballpark my cam is a bit milder @ 261/266 ..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 89L98TPI's new 434 SBC

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: