Fuel leak - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel leak

Old 11-03-2018, 05:02 PM
jts90vette
CF Senior Member

2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
Default Fuel leak

Started my 1990 L98 today for a drive and discovered a considerable fuel leak. It looks like it’s coming from around the #7 fuel injector. It was wet with gasoline and pooling where the intake meets the cylinder head. I didn’t want to have the engine running for to long for obvious reasons. I figure it has to be coming from either the fuel rail side of the injector, the fuel rail crossover tube or possibly the pressure regulator.

Before I tear into this I was wondering it anyone has experienced this or know of any “known” L98 weak links in the fuel system that may be the problem. It’s definitely on the drivers side and around cylinder #7.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 PM
VikingTrad3r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

call john at fuel injector connection and order up the orings. or, get a whole set of new injectors if its been a while.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:05 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jts90vette View Post
Before I tear into this I was wondering it anyone has experienced this or know of any “known” L98 weak links in the fuel system that may be the problem. It’s definitely on the drivers side and around cylinder #7.
IF the injectors are Multecs, that would be a weak link. They don't like anything but gas and that includes the snake oils people put in to try clean them. If you are sure it is the injector leaking, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just get a reman set from FIC for under $200. Even if they aren't, it wouldn't hurt to have a fresh set without the varnish build up. Every time I tested mine, they do have some build up after a few years.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: