C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New brake booster problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 06:51 PM
infotraker
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New brake booster problem

Replaced bad brake booster after lots of painful hours. After install Started car and pushed on brakes. Very loud popping noise coming from booster. Turned off engine and pushed on brakes and same noise occurred. After several brake pushes pedal will not move. Same situation after master brake cylinder removed. Booster rod does move out when brake pedal pushed.

Remanufactured booster bought from autozone .

Any ideas ?

Last edited by infotraker; 12-14-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:11 PM
ex-x-fire
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 150 Posts

Probably on the brake pedal side. I'd take it back apart, maybe something wasn't lined up right.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:00 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 436 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-x-fire
Probably on the brake pedal side. I'd take it back apart, maybe something wasn't lined up right.
I agree with Ex-Fire if something isn't Rite after an install retrace the job. if you Don't stumble up on a Aha a it had to come out anyway. Auto Zone has been pretty good with returns, and I think the Re-Manufactures trying.

Last edited by s carter; 12-14-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:04 PM
infotraker
Heel & Toe

Default Lots of work

not much can go wrong when installing. Put rod on brake pedal and put on two nuts. Takes a lot of time, hours under the dash. Has to be bad part, now need to get same part from autozone again and spend hours reinstalling hopefully good part.
can you tell that I am upset ! Vette has been down for a month and now down longer.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM
johno504
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19
Default plastic boosters

OP, you NEED to read my posts about the POS plastic reman boosters . the sales mgr. for A1 Cardone told me they would no longer be sold, and that Cardone had a new design steel booster the counter people at Autozone don't know about. the shop I use received the new design Friday direct from the A1 Cardone quality assurance lab in Brownsville, Tx at no charge and they will pay the labor, for the FIFTH booster in 12 months . I will provide follow up when more facts are known. amazing how high Cardone will jump when the President of NAPA tells them to fix my car and see to it that it STAYS fixed.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:59 PM
infotraker
Heel & Toe

Auto zone is ordering a Delco brake booster, I think plastic unfortunately. Wish I could get Labor fees since the cardone part was bad.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:02 PM
johno504
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I hope you get a "good" Delco , had one fail in 3 miles. it locked up the front brakes, car would only go 25 flat out. shop charged me $720 for part, labor and fluids but the second unit was free. second replacement lasted 3k miles. number three lasted 1,800 miles, number four failed in 12 miles. i'll pick up The Silver Devil with "new , improved, redesigned steel " unit #5 Wed. who knows, it might even work. Good luck to both of us , we need it.

Get notified of new replies

To New brake booster problem

Quick Reply: New brake booster problem