Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Has anyone written a step by step of taking a '93 dash pad out?

Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Has anyone written a step by step of taking a '93 dash pad out?

Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Haggisbash
CF Senior Member

Default Has anyone written a step by step of taking a '93 dash pad out?

I've been searching the forum for a step by step on this, the FSM talks about removing the centre console first, is there another way? My problem is a very annoying buzz/rattle in the RH side of the dash, you can tap of the dash pad and replicate it so now need to figure out how to get in there! Maybe pull the "glovebox" and fuse panel first to see if I can locate it this way?
Old 02-04-2019, 02:34 PM
ccmano
CF Senior Member

Just replaced my 90’ dash with a 91’. It’s really pretty simple. In the center console only trimplate has to be removed as does the trim plate for the radio and DIC area. Without removing those two you’ll never get to some of the screws that hold the dash. Then remove the vents and the glovebox (assuming you have a glovebox). Next remove the dash side trim panels, remove all the screws around the fuse box. Then remove the lower carpet panel on the driver side and unscrew (do not remove) the carpet panel on the pass side. Remove the vent cover in the top center of the dash where the sun sensor sits. There are two screws under that vent panel that hold the dash. Remove them. Now if you look across the leading edge of the dash where the vents were you’ll see (i think) 5 screws that hold the dash pad. Remove those. Once all the screws are out the dash pad pulls straight out towards you, do not tilt or pull it up. There are 4 clips attached to the pad at the leading edge of the pad where it meets the windshield that clip into the vehicle frame. That’s it it should just pull out towards you. Assembly is the reverse. Not sure when the passenger air bag went in but it’s my understanding that it is not attached to the dash pad, not 100% on that. Here’s how mine turned out.
H

The Following User Says Thank You to ccmano For This Useful Post:
Haggisbash (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 04:48 AM
Haggisbash
CF Senior Member

Is it possible to get access to the mountings under the glovebox? That is where the rattle is, would prefer not to pull the whole dash if possible!

/
Old 02-05-2019, 11:49 AM
ccmano
CF Senior Member

The trim panel under the glove box can be removed separately. The only place the dash mounts to the dash frame in that area is behind the vent in front of the passenger. Sounds like you might be better off going in from underneath. Here’s a shot of what you see with the dash removed. Most of the stuff that could cause noise is accessed from underneath any way.
H

The Following User Says Thank You to ccmano For This Useful Post:
Haggisbash (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 06:31 PM
skyhawk50
CF Senior Member

Will removal of the dash pad make a heater core removal easier?
My days of laying on back reaching up doing that type of work are over. I know heater cores are able to be done without dashpad removal.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 PM
ccmano
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by skyhawk50 View Post
Will removal of the dash pad make a heater core removal easier?
My days of laying on back reaching up doing that type of work are over. I know heater cores are able to be done without dashpad removal.
Let me start by saying I have never R&Ríd a heater core. Based on what I know about the car I canít imagine doing it without removing the dash pad. Like you I am aware it has been done. But frankly the dash pad R&R is so simple why make it any more difficult that it has to be.
H
Old 02-10-2019, 09:24 PM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ccmano View Post

Let me start by saying I have never R&R’d a heater core. Based on what I know about the car I can’t imagine doing it without removing the dash pad. Like you I am aware it has been done. But frankly the dash pad R&R is so simple why make it any more difficult that it has to be.
H
Yeah Dash pad removal on my 1990 I can do in maybe 15 minutes now.. pretty easy

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 02-12-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM
belairbrian
CF Senior Member

If needed I can post up the pdf version of the heater core change for a 92, which is virtually identical to a 93, when I get home.

I've posted it before in another thread as well.

Flipping through the FSM is a pain on this job, so I typed each stepped and referenced where the pic was to make a simpler list of steps.
The Following User Says Thank You to belairbrian For This Useful Post:
Haggisbash (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:41 PM
skyhawk50
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by belairbrian View Post
If needed I can post up the pdf version of the heater core change for a 92, which is virtually identical to a 93, when I get home.

I've posted it before in another thread as well.

Flipping through the FSM is a pain on this job, so I typed each stepped and referenced where the pic was to make a simpler list of steps.
I would greatly appreciate the PDF. !
Old 02-12-2019, 08:50 AM
belairbrian
CF Senior Member

Sorry I didn't get this posted last night. My son called and we were on the phone for 3 hours. He has his first job fair tomorrow and needed to talk over stuff.

Anyway here it is. If anyone sees where I could add other information let me know.
Attached Images
The Following User Says Thank You to belairbrian For This Useful Post:
skyhawk50 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Mity2
CF Member

will this help?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
dash pad removal.pdf (382.5 KB, 7 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mity2 For This Useful Post:
skyhawk50 (02-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone written a step by step of taking a '93 dash pad out?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: