C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 Dana44, ZF6, cam swap

Old 03-21-2019, 12:05 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Recieved 169 Likes on 160 Posts

Great thread. Keep up the good work.

From my experience with my 88' (using ebl flash) I did find there to be a very steep learning curve with tuning on my car. I'm not sure how hard the computer system your using it to use but I still only have mine 90% figured out after a year of tinkering with the tune, mine drives fine now but still has some issues in the tune I haven't been able to figure out yet.

So if you can find a local tuner capable of skillfully dealing with the tune for you it will be money very well spent, IMO.

Looking forward to watching the rest of your build.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:03 AM
anesthes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DMITTZ View Post
Great thread. Keep up the good work.

From my experience with my 88' (using ebl flash) I did find there to be a very steep learning curve with tuning on my car. I'm not sure how hard the computer system your using it to use but I still only have mine 90% figured out after a year of tinkering with the tune, mine drives fine now but still has some issues in the tune I haven't been able to figure out yet.

So if you can find a local tuner capable of skillfully dealing with the tune for you it will be money very well spent, IMO.

Looking forward to watching the rest of your build.
Thanks!

The EBL is a neat little expansion board and makes the most out of the older technology. It's good if you can retain the factory dash/trip functionality. Rob extended some of the code and added a few neat features not originally in the stock GM code, so that's nice too!

The 1994 LT1 is using the $EE mask. It's a flashable PCM, but not real time. It takes a few minutes to flash between changes. The layout is similar to the EBL as it's just a standard GM PCM. It does have cylinder trims which is nice with the LT1 manifold for uneven fuel distribution.

On my race car I use Megasquirt, which is light years ahead of the EBL and the factory LT1 PCM's. Man, I remember the old days in the 90s when we were burning proms. It took forever to tune something lol

I would have switched the LT1 over to Megasquirt but I would lose the dash functionality / communications with the CCM.

-- Joe
Old 03-22-2019, 12:12 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Sounds like you have lots of knowledge about tuning so you shouldn't have any problems getting your engine running nicely.

EBL is certainly better than the orginal GM system but I do find it had a really steep learning curve, took me like a month to get my head wrapoed around it before I started making meaningful progress.

I'm planning to go LS at the end of this year (because I like to chage things up) so I guess I will be swapping computer systems again to, lol.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:37 PM
anesthes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DMITTZ View Post
Sounds like you have lots of knowledge about tuning so you shouldn't have any problems getting your engine running nicely.

EBL is certainly better than the orginal GM system but I do find it had a really steep learning curve, took me like a month to get my head wrapoed around it before I started making meaningful progress.

I'm planning to go LS at the end of this year (because I like to chage things up) so I guess I will be swapping computer systems again to, lol.
The MS3 pro stuff is fantastic for LSx swaps if you want full sequential, and the tunerstudio graphic interface is very easy to use.

If you join the megasquirt users group on facebook there is a lot of people who will help, like the folks at DiyautoTune

-- Joe
Old 03-22-2019, 02:08 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by anesthes View Post
The MS3 pro stuff is fantastic for LSx swaps if you want full sequential, and the tunerstudio graphic interface is very easy to use.

If you join the megasquirt users group on facebook there is a lot of people who will help, like the folks at DiyautoTune

-- Joe
Thank you for the great info Joe, it is much appreciated. Sounds like the MS3 pro is a great system. After I'm done driving the car this year I am going to have to decide on a new computer system as I get into my LS swap sounds like this is a great option.

-David.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 AM
anesthes
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Making progress. Driveline in place. Now I gotta wire it up and connect all the hoses.

Still have to port the intake to match the heads.

-- Joe

Old 04-14-2019, 11:59 AM
tpi 421 vette
CF Senior Member

Recieved 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking good Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 Dana44, ZF6, cam swap

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: