C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Services to do to a low mileage 94 vette.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 07:09 PM
Fastbrianman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Services to do to a low mileage 94 vette.

I bought a 94 LT1 6 spd Corvette with 26,000 miles on it. It was always driven but only on nice days, never in rain or any kind of bad weather (not put away and not used) and stored inside and has been well taken cared of.
I plan on doing some driving this summer with it and want to upgrade/service its systems to avoid any trouble. I did an oil change, It has new tires, I plan to flush the cooling system, brake fluid, put a new belt on it and maybe replace some hoses. I have 0 issues with it right now this is just to make sure I don't run into any issues that spoil the fun.
What other items do you think I should address?

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by Fastbrianman; 01-16-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:58 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Change the differential and transmission oils also... it's not the miles, it's the age. Even though the manual says these do not need servicing, they really do.
Do a good brake inspection, especially the rubber hoses. They are easy to replace. You're doing the belt, which is good, but inspect all rubber items while you're at it: radiator and heater hoses, power steering, bushings, etc.
Also you might want to refresh the power steering fluid, just suction out what's in the reservoir and refill with fresh. Another item that "doesn't need servicing."

Last edited by DGXR; 01-17-2019 at 05:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fastbrianman (01-21-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 05:29 PM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

as Aklim would say....if it flows, it goes....
Old 01-17-2019, 07:28 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by vette196
as Aklim would say....if it flows, it goes....
Yep. I don't trust you to do the work when you are about to sell the car. I actually saw someone at the parts shop wanting to buy ONLY trans fluid. When asked if he needed a filter, he declined. Too much money and he was about to put the car for sale. Fluid has to look good but nobody checks the filter. Belts and hoses too.

Get notified of new replies

To Services to do to a low mileage 94 vette.

Quick Reply: Services to do to a low mileage 94 vette.