C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HVAC / Climate Control Unit - Good Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 08:44 AM
K.C.E.
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HVAC / Climate Control Unit - Good Story

I recently had to pull my HVAC (Climate Control Unit) in my '94 Vette in order to replace a bulb. The short story is that I could not find a replacement bulb anywhere and ended up shipping the unit to 'Batee.com' (recommended by WVZR-1). After talking to Bryan, it made sense to have him go ahead and rebuild the unit. The cost for the work was more than reasonable and it was done quickly and now I do not have to worry about it for a long time. I did consider buying 'used' or 'rebuilt' unit on the internet; but I seem to get burned to often going down that path. In general, I like to perform the work on my cars because I enjoy it and sometimes I do not have great experience with many shops as well.

Anyway, this was definitely a good experience and worth passing on as a good story for anyone having electronic issues with their HVAC units or other gauges on their dash.

All that to say, they specialize in electronic repair of instrumentation clusters, HVAC units, etc. for C4 vettes as well as C3 and C5. It is worth looking into their website if you need this type of repair work done.

kce
The following users liked this post:
RtStuf (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 09:04 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

I had been considering having this done with the electronic climate control unit in my 86. Its on and off and frustrating. Would be nice to have it rebuilt properly and not have to worry about it again.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 AM
kenmohr
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

2nd this story. Working great so far. Very good service.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:17 PM
K.C.E.
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The hardest part was removing the unit......go slow and careful, so that you do not break any plastic parts on the dash; especially if it is cold out....there are probably posts showing you how to remove it.

Also, Batee.com will rebuild the 'programmer' module as well. I forgot to send my to him and since that seems to be fine; I will wait before sending that in. If I had to do it over again, I would send him both parts and get it all done at once. It is not that much more. His website explains both parts and where to locate them.

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC / Climate Control Unit - Good Story

Quick Reply: HVAC / Climate Control Unit - Good Story