C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1996 Collector's Edition Corvette Stolen! Jacksonville FL area...

Old 03-13-2019, 08:50 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette Stolen! Jacksonville FL area...

Hey Guys!

An ex-girlfriend stole my 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette right out of my driveway! It's got the LT4/ZF6, and a grey interior. Other stuff that stands out about it are tri-flow air intake, aftermarket exhaust, louvered tail lights, louvered license plate frame, and front license plate is black with the C4 Logo. It was stolen March 3rd in Orange Park Florida. I am unable to report it as stolen, because it is considered "joint property"...even though she left 3 months ago, and Florida is not a common law marriage state. Please let me know if you've seen anything out there! If I need to post this any place special, please let me know...904-439-5367

Thanks!

Last edited by racerseks; 03-13-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by racerseks
Hey Guys!

An ex-girlfriend stole my 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette right out of my driveway! It's got the LT4/ZF6, and a grey interior. Other stuff that stands out about it are tri-flow air intake, aftermarket exhaust, louvered tail lights, louvered license plate frame, and front license plate is black with the C4 Logo. It was stolen March 3rd in Orange Park Florida. I am unable to report it as stolen, because it is considered "joint property"...even though she left 3 months ago, and Florida is not a common law marriage state. Please let me know if you've seen anything out there! If I need to post this any place special, please let me know...

Thanks!
That sucks big time. Can you prove it was her for sure? Gotta be something police can run on her personal info to track her down. I can't believe with you two not being married (unless she's on the title as well?) that she can skate because of a joint prop excuse. I'm in the area...I'll keep an eye out when I'm out. I hate to say it: she's probably aware the car would stick out (not a lot of C4s in Jax and it's bright silver), so it may be parked behind someone's house or in a garage.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I am in Orange Park,, and will keep my eyes open,, you should post a ph number in case someone sees it.. I hope she don't come after mine.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Long story. She was not on the title or any paperwork. She's not even on the lease of my home nor did she ever have a key! Never drove the car, or any of my others, 'cause I've seen her wreck too many! Cops gave me a statute, and it says Florida hasn't recognized common law marriage since January 1968! But I have tried four times, irritated the hell out of them, and haven't gotten any further. Supposedly, if I see the car, I can hop in and drive it away!

Awesome, I appreciate it! Have gone up to the area every night looking for it. Have not seen one 96 CE!

Last edited by racerseks; 03-14-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gman35
I am in Orange Park,, and will keep my eyes open,, you should post a ph number in case someone sees it.. I hope she don't come after mine.
Thanks, I appreciate it! She probably isn't driving it since she doesn't know how to drive stick. Probably the ugly bastard she's with now, LoL...Appreciate any leads. Love that car...hope I can bring her home soon...
Old 03-14-2019, 08:06 AM
novaks47
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

Can't you just report it stolen, and just leave out the ex-girlfriend part?
Old 03-14-2019, 08:35 AM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,372 Likes on 1,061 Posts

All you have to do is report it stolen by the new guy and I'd bet it turns up real quick. If not, a bag of dead fish on a door step generally makes missing things turn up quick too. sometimes you gotta play hardball.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 958 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

whose name is on the title
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 434 Likes on 395 Posts

if she is NOT on the Title She should have No Claim on it, In FL. you can Title as a Self Own (just you) Joint and or( and Needs Both Signature's) Or (can be Sold by Either Person without other Signature) So if she is not on Title I say Stolen.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:04 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Common law bs? Some guys has it, report it with no mention of her and move on!!
Post some pics, get it viral

SHe has no key to your place, she lives separately?
Dont sit back and take it report and press charges some idiot is coaching her and youre gonna get more $urprises. BTDT!

Were you served papers? This is grand theft plain and simple....google fraud by deception also. Good luck

Last edited by cv67; 03-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

I was thinking that too...
Old 03-14-2019, 10:07 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 84 4+3
All you have to do is report it stolen by the new guy and I'd bet it turns up real quick. If not, a bag of dead fish on a door step generally makes missing things turn up quick too. sometimes you gotta play hardball.
Yea, I even have some possible details that might help locate it...
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drcook
whose name is on the title
That's the sticky part. I have all the paperwork in my name only, ready for transfer. I was still doing maintenance on it, so figured I'd do it all when it was road ready. Idiot(s) stole it with no tags on it!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s carter
if she is NOT on the Title She should have No Claim on it, In FL. you can Title as a Self Own (just you) Joint and or( and Needs Both Signature's) Or (can be Sold by Either Person without other Signature) So if she is not on Title I say Stolen.
She \'s not mentioned on any of the paperwork...
Old 03-14-2019, 10:19 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Common law bs? Some guys has it, report it with no mention of her and move on!!
Post some pics, get it viral

SHe has no key to your place, she lives separately?
Dont sit back and take it report and press charges some idiot is coaching her and youre gonna get more $urprises. BTDT!

Were you served papers? This is grand theft plain and simple....google fraud by deception also. Good luck
Yea, that's what my attorney says too. The cops have not cooperated at all. Gave me a statute to look up, and it only confirms my point since it mentions FLORIDA HAS NOT RECOGNIZED COMMON LAW MARRIAGE SINCE JANUARY 1968!

Nope, she lived there up until 3 months ago, but I still never gave her a key LoL

Yea, I don't know why no law enforcement here sees it that way...
Old 03-15-2019, 07:26 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 434 Likes on 395 Posts

This statement FLORIDA HAS NOT RECOGNIZED COMMON LAW MARRIAGE SINCE JANUARY 1968!, the way I interpret it. That there's No joint Assets of things bought during a non-Commited Relationship, Especially if you have paper trail of money taken from your banking that Is Not a joint Account.

Last edited by s carter; 03-15-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:05 PM
racerseks
Burning Brakes

Still have not recovered the car. I have hired an attorney for the entire ordeal. Car could also be in the Palatka FL area, or possibly the Tulsa Oklahoma area was well. Please keep your eyes out for it...Thanks!

Last edited by racerseks; 03-20-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette Stolen! Jacksonville FL area...

Old 03-21-2019, 06:26 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

something similar happened to me here in Indiana.. I had to file a taken by"conversion" report. Cops said they would only deal with it if the car was parked. That went on for just over a year. Gave daughter " power of atrn" over the car and she reported it stolen. They found it in weeks. Its now home again with me.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Jitsu
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by racerseks
Still have not recovered the car. I have hired an attorney for the entire ordeal. Car could also be in the Palatka FL area, or possibly the Tulsa Oklahoma area was well. Please keep your eyes out for it...Thanks!
I am in Tulsa and will keep an eye out. I own a CE LT4 vert so they typically catch my eye but I rarely see them around here.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:57 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,102 Likes on 874 Posts

I too will keep my eyes peeled for your Corvette. I am up I-95 from you a few hundred miles but a lot of cars go thru. Can you post a picture for us?

That is so sad somebody who do that. That is clearly Grand Larceny and you need to find a friendly officer to assist you, they have access to so many things today it blows the mind, tracking the car using cameras everywhere alone would be a big help. I hate to suggest it but you might check with the local used car parts people to be sure she hasn't tried turning it into cash. Without a license plate she has few options.

Seriously though I hope that this will get resolved positively for you in the form of your Corvette Back in your possession!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette Stolen! Jacksonville FL area...