Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interesting to Me

Old 03-14-2019, 08:23 PM
CorvetteRules
CF Senior Member

Default Interesting to Me

With the weather changing for the good I decided to buy the CTS I need to change in my 91 so I checked with all the chain brick and mortar car parts stores around me. Turned out none of them had the ACDelco in stock so I'd have to order from one of those stores. A quick google search found me one at CariD at a cheaper price then any of the chain stores and since their warehouse is in New Jersey ordered it Tuesday night and got it today.

Do my fellow forum members find it is easier to get quality engine parts from one of the main Corvette online specialty vendors or in my case CariD then the chain auto part stores?
Old 03-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member

Rockauto.com. Unless I need a part immediately, I order from them.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 PM
vader86
CF Senior Member

I dont even bother with the local stores anymore, I found that everything had to be overnighted to them for me to pick up tomorrow, they have so little in stock. Now I use RockAuto or one of the vette-centric places like Ecklers if Rock doesnt have it.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:56 AM
95LT1ZF
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vader86 View Post
I dont even bother with the local stores anymore, I found that everything had to be overnighted to them for me to pick up tomorrow, they have so little in stock. Now I use RockAuto or one of the vette-centric places like Ecklers if Rock doesnt have it.
I do the same. I do my best to plan ahead and order everything from Rockauto and a few other places.
Part of it is that there are very few knowledgeable people in these places anymore. The AutoZone I used to go to had a couple older gentlemen who could answer just about any question. They have slowly been replaced by idiots and morons that can't even look up parts right,
Old 03-15-2019, 01:05 AM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran

For AC Delco parts I use a local shop; for specialty stuff it's one of the on-line outfits.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Krusty84
CF Senior Member

I use Rock Auto for research and to obtain part numbers and then purchase everything I can from Amazon. Usually the pricing is very similar and the return process is SO MUCH EASIER with Amazon.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 PM
CorvetteRules
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 65Z01 View Post
For AC Delco parts I use a local shop; for specialty stuff it's one of the on-line outfits.
That is why I was initially frustrated, because it was an AC Delco part was thinking it would be easy to find it in stock locally, but no at any of them.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:53 AM
RtStuf
CF Senior Member

Cts?
Old 03-16-2019, 10:26 PM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran

Guess I'm lucky that my local AC Delco shop most always has a need part in later same or next day.

"CTS" == coolant temp. sensor
The Following User Says Thank You to 65Z01 For This Useful Post:
RtStuf (Yesterday)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: