C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 03:41 AM
Rob790
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C4 Bluetooth

Anyone install Bluetooth without changing the audio system?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:24 AM
Bfenty
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

I've seen it done but haven't done it myself. I'd say it requires taking apart one of those bluetooth audio plugs and wiring it into the head unit. Is that what you're talking about?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:58 AM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

What is your end goal?
Are you just wanting to stream music from a phone or have calling capability?
Are you looking to install it with no equipment being visible?

Their are kits like Parrot and I've read about one that goes in a cassette deck.
The cassette version is probably the easiest and not visible approach.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:39 AM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Mine only works with the upgraded head unit, but i'd rather hook up the cable so it charges the phone.

If you were to install some kind of display, then i'd see the use maybe? What is the end goal?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:38 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

OP: one of my favorite topics for the c4.

i did it on my 87. here is how:

There is a guy here who sells an "aux jack" that you add to your bose radio. i bought mine on Ebay.

Into this aux jack you could plug in any music source.

I installed a bluetooth gateway onto it. from mpow. This mpow unit also has a microphone on it. It gave me handsfree calling, and bluetooth audio streaming, into my early C4 with bose.

It was/is awesome. There is one crappy part which turned out to be less of a pita than i thought it would be. you have to charge the mpow. i bought the wire to keep it permanently charged but never installed it because i just charged it when i parked it. that said, i will return to that project and get it installed up by the rear view mirror.

-----
Then i bought n 86 which came with aftermarket wires ran, and cheap alpine speakers model S Type. It had a walmart single din installed with a gaudy dash kit that made it protrudge way out from the dash.

for this car, i purchased a single din stereo that also had the ability to wire in a backup camera and a microphone was built in and has bluetooth audio streaming. I bought a metro dash kit that was for the 1.5 din and had a storage slot built into it under the stereo. This single din stereo has a small monitor in it that the backup cam wires into it. It gave me everything I wanted but ofcourse its not stock looking. But it does look great. and it works great.

Personally, I have 4 kids and a large yard and kids play in our yard all the time. I wouldn't give up the backup camera now that I have had it.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:33 PM
puterami
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 290 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
2020 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (stock)

This little item works very well for me. I have a very small 16GB drive that I use in it to play my MP3 collection. It did pair fine with my iPhone as well.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
RtStuf (03-21-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:13 AM
rblakeney
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I installed this:

Amazon Amazon

I'd give it 9 out of 10. Connects almost immediately every time. Sound quality is very good. I installed the mic on the A pillar just below the visor. Connect button just to the right of the radio on the bezel. Can answer the phone and skip songs/podcasts with the button. Can make a call by holding the button down for a couple of beats.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:49 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by rblakeney
I installed this:

https://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Hands...web_2529670011

I'd give it 9 out of 10. Connects almost immediately every time. Sound quality is very good. I installed the mic on the A pillar just below the visor. Connect button just to the right of the radio on the bezel. Can answer the phone and skip songs/podcasts with the button. Can make a call by holding the button down for a couple of beats.
rblakeney did you use the aux cable sold by a guy on here as the input method?

i like it.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 AM
rblakeney
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
rblakeney did you use the aux cable sold by a guy on here as the input method?

i like it.
No...this inserts into the antenna line on the stock radio. Unplug stock antenna lead from radio and insert device plug, reinstall antenna lead into device. Stuff device behind radio. Run mic line and control button. Tune radio to specific FM frequency and discover your new Bluetooth device on your phone. Make calls and stream music as if the stock radio came with it. It actually generates tones and tweets and chirps for various functions. I am told call quality is good.

It makes a better connection than a typical Bluetooth FM radio transmitter. There is a corresponding app for your phone but I do not use it.

Control button

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Bluetooth

Quick Reply: C4 Bluetooth