C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Better headlights and foglights

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 09:54 PM
JBPC4
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Compared to the stock lights, that isn't saying anything. The old H6054 sucks
True, but I’ve been very impressed by them regardless of the stock lights being garbage. Looks are subjective of course, but I think they look good, the light output is great, they don’t blind other drivers....and the price just makes them that much better. I highly recommend them. You do have to do something if you want the fog lights to work properly and/or not get the high beam indicator on all the time, but thats no different than any of the LED options that I know of.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:54 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by JBPC4
True, but I’ve been very impressed by them regardless of the stock lights being garbage. Looks are subjective of course, but I think they look good, the light output is great,

they don’t blind other drivers.

You do have to do something if you want the fog lights to work properly and/or not get the high beam indicator on all the time, but thats no different than any of the LED options that I know of.
Actually, I don't really bother about the looks. I am behind the bulb and can't see how it looks. What I like about mine and probably your's is that they are not the same as the old H6054. They WERE probably good at the time but times have changed. One upon a time, "HALOGEN" meant it was the latest and greatest. That time is long gone. Those were 3000K bulbs and these are 5000-6000K. From what I see, the closer to "daylight" it is, the better you see.

Have you ever been blinded by stock lights when someone is in a truck behind you? BTDT. That is an extreme case because the truck is so much higher than the C4 but I think you get the picture that SOME of the problem is that the alignment of the light isn't good. Others could be the cutoff or way over powered for street use (like I know some people who put off road bulbs).

That is the sucky part. Because of their lack of use of power, it also will trip the newer cars that were not equipped with them and the ECM reports a bulb failure. Some have rigged a resistor and others have taken the easy way out and put the in-line resistors.

Quick Reply: Better headlights and foglights