C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is this wire?

Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 PM
Tempest302

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this wire?

Anyone know what the double lead wire is? The single lead is the 02 sensor if I am not mistaken but not sure what the double lead wire is. Any ideas?

Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 AM
3D-Aircrew
CF Senior Member

Recieved 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempest302 View Post
Anyone know what the double lead wire is? The single lead is the 02 sensor if I am not mistaken but not sure what the double lead wire is. Any ideas?

Year??? The single wire does look like the O2 sensor connector. Without a year to check the FSM it's hard to know what the other is.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Tempest302

Originally Posted by 3D-Aircrew View Post
Year??? The single wire does look like the O2 sensor connector. Without a year to check the FSM it's hard to know what the other is.
its a 1990, been going over the wiring diagrams in the PDF FSM I have but haven't been able to find anything. Might have to break down and spend the cash for an official version. Someone said it may be some kind of maintenance plug but no way to check that I know of at the moment. It also looks like it might fit the oil pressure light(single wire) and the oil pressure sending unit(two wire). Going to look at these when I get out the car.

Last edited by Tempest302; 04-16-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:29 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Recieved 1,012 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Tempest302 View Post
its a 1990, been going over the wiring diagrams in the PDF FSM I have but haven't been able to find anything. Might have to break down and spend the cash for an official version. Someone said it may be some kind of maintenance plug but now way to check that I know of at the moment. It also looks like it might fight the oil pressure light(single wire) and the oil pressure sending unit(two wire). Going to look at these when I get out the car.
If the .pdf is of the GM/HELM FSM it's of little advantage to assume that paper will be an improvement. Many keep a .pdf to use as an 'index' for the paper. If you're looking for help with connectors etc 'ALWAYS' along with the snapshot mention wire colors. What .pdf do you have of the FSM?

I see the seller found the drive-shaft! That's a plus.

What are the wire colors of this connector?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-16-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Tempest302

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
If the .pdf is of the GM/HELM FSM it's of little advantage to assume that paper will be an improvement. Many keep a .pdf to use as an 'index' for the paper. If you're looking for help with connectors etc 'ALWAYS' along with the snapshot mention wire colors. What .pdf do you have of the FSM?

I see the seller found the drive-shaft! That's a plus.

What are the wire colors of this connector?
Thanks for the tip, I downloaded the FSM from here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-download.html
The single lead is a dirty brown or a faded purple, the other is red and black.

Last edited by Tempest302; 04-16-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: