C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1989 Bog on Acceleration/Low

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 12:39 PM
oldgringo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Bog on Acceleration/Low

Replaced the hood on my 89 and in the process, wonder if I knocked something loose. When I started it up afterward, was very hard to start, and when it finally fired, it would bog when I tried to give it gas. Replaced the fuel pump not long ago, and all injectors were replaced two years ago. Don't drive it much but took it out about three weeks ago and everything ran just fine. Took the headlights out when i replaced hood, and though you wouldn't think I knocked something off/loose during the change, I'm looking for anything to check that might be causing the hesitation. Runs pretty rough through first gear, but as speed picks up in second and third, engine seems to smooth out.

Ideas??
Old 04-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Received 153 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgringo
Replaced the hood on my 89 and in the process, wonder if I knocked something loose. When I started it up afterward, was very hard to start, and when it finally fired, it would bog when I tried to give it gas. Replaced the fuel pump not long ago, and all injectors were replaced two years ago. Don't drive it much but took it out about three weeks ago and everything ran just fine. Took the headlights out when i replaced hood, and though you wouldn't think I knocked something off/loose during the change, I'm looking for anything to check that might be causing the hesitation. Runs pretty rough through first gear, but as speed picks up in second and third, engine seems to smooth out.

Ideas??
Did you check your codes if any? Check your codes.

Get a fuel guage or lease one and go from there.

Obviously take a look at all sensors and what not and see if nothing came loose
Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Vacuum leak.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:41 AM
oldgringo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Bog on Acceleration

Ran the codes and got only a 15 - Coolant Sensor - High. Not sure that it would cause the engine hesitation but can replace it. Was odd though - when connecting pin A to Pin B to run codes, it turned my fan on. Pulled the clip between Pins - no fan. Will continue to look for vacuum leak.

Also had notivied (prior to this problem), it felt as though my brake booster was not working, i.e., like the old days of no power brakes. Could be my booster gone bad??
Old 04-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

When aldl is jumped to display codes: ECM will cycle or turn on solenoids and relays it controls. So normal for fan to come on. It takes a lot of vacuum for power brakes. Disconnecting vacuum booster engine should stall or almost. "T" ing in vacuum gauge maybe helpful.

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 Bog on Acceleration/Low

Quick Reply: 1989 Bog on Acceleration/Low