C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 LT1 headers and Fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Steven B Hammer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1992 LT1 headers and Fuel lines

overview

fuel lines wrapped in heat shield

close up

possible space between lines and header tube, I can get a finger in but that's about it...
So I replaced the exhaust manifolds with headers. I have a mechanic friend who is very worried about the close proximity of the stainless steel fuel lines to the headers. They have the metal spring looking wrap I would assume is for protection and I put high temp wrapping around them to help separate them from the headers. They are very close but if I remember correctly they were dam close with the exhaust manifolds in place also, from the factory. Is this something I should really worry about, I know I'm not the first to put headers on a 92 LT1, are there issues and if so how did you deal with it?

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by Steven B Hammer; 05-10-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 05-09-2019, 07:21 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Been running headers on my 93 for near 10 years. Never worried about and never had a problem, you should be fine.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Steven B Hammer
Heel & Toe

How close are your fuel lines to your headers?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:38 PM
1971chevroletnova
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 92 had headers on it when i bought it, didn't seem to be a problem. plenty of other issues though. i did put some heat sleeving on it though, should be running within a week or so. just getting the fuel filter changed was quite fun, wrapped the 2 tubes when it was off
Old 05-10-2019, 01:43 PM
BLKMAMBA
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

don't assume cause others had no issues, that you will not. different headers fit differently. my first headers on my 93 LT1 were way to close to fuel lines as well as rubbed a/c box. I ran new stainless braided fuel lines from rail To filter and re routed away from headers. and modified ac box. now I have since installed better Long tube headers and they fit WAY better. stock fuel lines would have worked and do not rub ac box. and save about 4 hours on a plug change. painted headers old poor fitting, ceramic coated fit awesome.

black headers are the ones
Old 05-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Steven B Hammer
Heel & Toe

Looks Great! Where did you get the braided fuel line, or did you construct it??? I have pacesetter ceramic coated headers, Ill post a pic shortly...

Thanks for the input
Old 05-10-2019, 02:49 PM
BLKMAMBA
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought the flex line in a 20' length and installed the AN fittings and thenbought AN to stock conversion fittings from here. http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com...rod/prd233.htm

the link is directly to their pre made up lines. I had already bought the line before I found this place. they are awesome to talk to over phone. will know exactly what you need and hook you up. you can transition under car like I did at filter and return line also has coupler right next to filter. word of advise if you make up lines yourself use Russel or equivalent fittings. same with rail adapter fittings. I used cheap ebay at first and before too long it leaked. there are 2 styles you can use at fuel rail. a snap on and screw on. definitely get the screw on. my old shorties were Pacesetter knockoffs. good luck changing plugs lol. they made plug changes a pia.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Steven B Hammer
Heel & Toe

Can you give me a ball park what the lines cost, I am planning on calling them Monday, but wanted an idea to sell my wife on.... Looks like they have great products!
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 LT1 headers and Fuel lines

Quick Reply: 1992 LT1 headers and Fuel lines