Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Timing gear set .005 U/S 92 93 LT1

Old 05-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Apache 84
CF Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Timing gear set .005 U/S 92 93 LT1

Hi Guys, Do any members know where I may get a Timing gear set that is .005 U/S for a 1992 Corvette with the Non vented Optispark.Machine shop line bored block and now timing
chain (morse Type) is too loose.
Thank you
Old 05-31-2019, 07:41 PM
bjankuski
CF Senior Member

Received 187 Likes on 170 Posts

Check, with Howard's cams or competition products and comp cams.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:26 PM
RichS
CF Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

There used to be a shop I think called Speed Demon that sold a oversize lower gear for LTx motors. I think it was made by Cloyes. I had one and it helped a little. Maybe try contacting CLoyes?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM
Apache 84
CF Member

Originally Posted by RichS View Post
There used to be a shop I think called Speed Demon that sold a oversize lower gear for LTx motors. I think it was made by Cloyes. I had one and it helped a little. Maybe try contacting CLoyes?
Thanks RichS ,I spoke to Cloyes Tech dept on the phone,and yes they don't make an U/S kit for the LT1 engine, never been required, but he is going to speak with his Dept about my request,as it is likely to happen again.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:25 AM
mtwoolford
CF Senior Member

Received 127 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache 84 View Post
Thanks RichS ,I spoke to Cloyes Tech dept on the phone,and yes they don't make an U/S kit for the LT1 engine, never been required, but he is going to speak with his Dept about my request,as it is likely to happen again.
back a few years earlier I did find an source for an oversized, I believe, lower sprocket for an LT4; it might have been for their "extreme duty" chain...point being at one time at least, someone, addressed this issue, Keep looking.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:07 PM
mtwoolford
CF Senior Member

Hi Guys, Do any members know where I may get a Timing gear set that is .005 U/S for a 1992 Corvette with the Non vented Optispark.Machine shop line bored block and now timing
Thank you
goggle ROLLMASTER Performance Timing Chain Sets Australia; they seem to specialize in oversized sprockets for engines (of all types) that have been line bored. Let us know what you find out
Old 06-04-2019, 12:27 PM
cardo0
CF Senior Member

Received 220 Likes on 210 Posts

Thank you
I'm curious here but for some reason I thought the chain is what would have to be made tighter. But I haven't researched this for a long time. And that is something I would ask the timing gear manufacturer if I was calling them.

Good luck and please let us now what you find. BTW I'm sure you know that you can run at least a single row roller standard gear set if you use an electric water pump to eliminate the w/p drive.

Last edited by cardo0; 06-04-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Apache 84
CF Member

My parts supplier got me a morse chain ,not sure what it is for ,identical to look at but fits perfect. When measured beside old chain it didn't seem to be much shorter ,but when fitted it is perfect may be a little tight.
The following users liked this post:
cardo0 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM
mtwoolford
CF Senior Member

My parts supplier got me a morse chain ,not sure what it is for ,identical to look at but fits perfect. When measured beside old chain it didn't seem to be much shorter ,but when fitted it is perfect may be a little tight.
And the make and part number would be ?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:50 PM
cardo0
CF Senior Member

Received 220 Likes on 210 Posts

Thx for sharing Apache! If you can follow up with your experience when in use would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Timing gear set .005 U/S 92 93 LT1

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: