Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 C4 Gauge Cluster no working

Old 06-09-2019, 04:36 AM
newcamaroguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 C4 Gauge Cluster no working

Hi everyone i am having issues with my C4 cluster not working properly.

I have the check gauges light on and my OIL pressure, OIL TEMP, and TEMP F gauges do not work.

The voltage gauge works and so does the rpm gauge. The LCD works fine too and does report engine temp on there.

I have taken it apart and tested the gauges individually with a power supply and they do move. The circuit board looks fine too and i checked all the traces on the board for the cluster and they have continuity. I cleaned the connectors also and they still do not work. I believe the gauge cluster is working and there is another issue. Anybody have any ideas what to check next?

I tried grounding the temp sensor connector as i read on another thread but the gauge still did not move as they mentioned it would.

any help will be appreciated Thanks

Last edited by newcamaroguy; 06-09-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:43 AM
hcbph
CF Senior Member

Received 381 Likes on 364 Posts

When I had problems with mine, I sent it to batee.com and had it repaired. Well worth the time and money to get it done. There's a wealth of info on the website also along with parts for those wishing to fix it themselves.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM
old_vette
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you determine your BCM/CCM is at fault, I have a 92/93 CCM I used as a backup that is available and for sale.

Jack
Old 06-10-2019, 11:30 AM
3D-Aircrew
CF Senior Member

Received 71 Likes on 69 Posts

Bryan at Batee has a lot of videos for different repairs:

Last edited by 3D-Aircrew; 06-10-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 C4 Gauge Cluster no working

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: