Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wiring Diagram/Wire harness

Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Tim's88
CF Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wiring Diagram/Wire harness

Ok, I am still having a few gremlins with the turn signals. Here is the order of events.

1st - Both turn signals would come on but not blink
2nd - Neither would come on when the headlights were on.
3rd - Left turn signal now blinks with or with out the headlights on but right signal still comes on, but not blink.

All bulbs are good and since the left is blinking, it is not the blinking unit. I know that it is a short. So would anyone have a wiring diagram of this system and would this be just a wiring harness I could replace? If so, how difficult of a job would this be?

Tim
Old 07-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Hot Rod Roy
CF Senior Member

Received 331 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim's88 View Post
I know that it is a short.
Be careful when you say "I know . . . ". Here's a fact for you to ponder: You're wrong.

A "short" will cause your fuse to blow (or a fire). You haven't said anything about blowing fuses. The word "short" means there is an abnormal path for current to flow in the circuit without the intended function being operational . . . the current finds a "short" path back to the battery, without going to the light bulb, motor, or whatever.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Tim's88
CF Member

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy View Post
Be careful when you say "I know . . . ". Here's a fact for you to ponder: You're wrong.

A "short" will cause your fuse to blow (or a fire). You haven't said anything about blowing fuses. The word "short" means there is an abnormal path for current to flow in the circuit without the intended function being operational . . . the current finds a "short" path back to the battery, without going to the light bulb, motor, or whatever.
Ok, I did not say anything about blowing fuses because no fuses have blown. The issue is very intermittent. One day, everything will be working, the next, neither will work, then later that day, only one will work.
If it is not a short, then what is it? I am more of a mechanical guy more that electrical. I just want to know if there is a fix.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Tim's88
CF Member

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy View Post

You still haven't given an answer on this. If I am wrong on this, please give me the right answer. If it's not a short, what is it? How do I fix it?
Please Don't say that I'm wrong then don't provide a solution. Be courteous, we're all on here to help one another.
Thank you.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:15 PM
xrav22
CF Senior Member

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts

It sounds like a bad ground. I found a wire barely connected from the PO and my tails would act crazy. There is one at the end of the harness
at the drivers rear wheel well that must be clean. It comes off the drivers rear reverse light/side marker. The harness goes from the passenger compartment all the way around. I also had to clean the bulb connectors because of the old grease.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 PM
RWDsmoke
CF Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Do the stop lights work? How about the emergency flashers?
Old 07-10-2019, 10:48 PM
RWDsmoke
CF Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Are they incandescent or LED bulbs?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 PM
Tim's88
CF Member

Originally Posted by RWDsmoke View Post
Do the stop lights work? How about the emergency flashers?
Yes, both the hazzards and the brake lights work.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:30 PM
Tim's88
CF Member

Originally Posted by xrav22 View Post
It sounds like a bad ground. I found a wire barely connected from the PO and my tails would act crazy. There is one at the end of the harness
at the drivers rear wheel well that must be clean. It comes off the drivers rear reverse light/side marker. The harness goes from the passenger compartment all the way around. I also had to clean the bulb connectors because of the old grease.
Thank you for the info. One question. What is the "PO"?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:47 PM
xrav22
CF Senior Member

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts

Previous owner ,
The following users liked this post:
Tim's88 (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Tim's88
CF Member

Originally Posted by RWDsmoke View Post
Are they incandescent or LED bulbs?
Incandescent

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram/Wire harness

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: